Being Attracted to Older/Younger People

Page 1 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2005, 11:04 pm

I'm as Straight as an arrow, and I've never really had a Boyfriend. This is the reason why. I'm attracted to guys who are at least 8 years older than I am. I've always been this way. I feel more at home with older men. The reason that I've never dated is because there's a Stigma that comes with Age Differences. If you're Female, do you find yourselves attracted to older men? If you're Male, do you find yourself attracted to older women? Also, are some of you seeking younger mates?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2005, 11:06 pm

I would also add that even though I'm very Straight that I would like to cheer up a fellow Member by stating that I respect Homosexuals.

Young_fogey
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jan 2005, 11:15 pm

I love older women but not exclusively. Once got to date one six years older - it ultimately didn't work but she was my second real dating experience and first real girlfriend (I was 26), and the most beautiful one so far.

Anachronism
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Jan 2005, 12:27 am

I tend to be drawn to older people in all types of relationships. I can't seem to relate to people my age. It's been this way my entire life.

My last serious relationship was with a woman 9 years older than me. The age thing was never an issue in our relationship.

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2005, 3:45 am

always went for men who were much older when i was young; then college, so the age distribtuion was narrower, so went out with roughly the same age; then older again. then, when i hit early/mid-thirties, started going out with younger men. and here i am - my last few relationships have all been with younger men, mid thirties or so. i'd like to be with an older man in some ways, but most 40+ year olds are so OLD compared to me, unless they're very alternative/unconventional.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2005, 5:36 am

i've never really been interested in guys my age, too immature and silly.

I've been attracted to much older people but the maturity difference means I doubt it would have worked out.

Astro
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Jan 2005, 7:56 am

Quote:
and here i am - my last few relationships have all been with younger men, mid thirties or so. i'd like to be with an older man in some ways, but most 40+ year olds are so OLD compared to me, unless they're very alternative/unconventional.

Sounds like my wife. She's a teen at heart so she finds most men of her own age (40 ish) to be a bore. Too rigid and uptight. So when she was dating in the mid 30's, she preferred guys in the mid 20's.

I've dated a little bit up in age and somewhat down. I've found that the best matches were people close in age because we had more common interests and, most importantly, were at similar life stages.

nayashi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jan 2005, 12:38 pm

the youngest guy i've been attracted to is 19 (i'm 16) and he's extremely percocious. he'll be graduating from college when he's 20.

other than him, yes, they do usually seem to be a lot older than me.

Young_fogey
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jan 2005, 3:14 pm

It's pretty well known that girls grow up faster so it's common for teen girls to be attracted to young men and older boys more than to boys their own age, let alone younger ones.

So I think the flip side of that is that the Summer of ’42/Mrs Robinson/tadpoling fantasy doesn't happen that much.

JayShaw
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Jan 2005, 6:05 pm

I find maturity to be very attractive in a potential mate, but I've found that the correlation between maturity and age seems to be quite tenuous. If you're referring to purely physical attraction, however, I'm generally attracted to women around my own age or younger.

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2005, 7:17 pm

I'm usually attracted to men my age or older, mainly it leans towards 5+ years older than me. I'll be 32 in November and he will be 41 in May.

Crion87
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Jan 2005, 6:50 am

Most girls my age are young and infantile, I find myself attracted to women at least 5 years older than me. The ages of the women that I am mostly attracted to are from as young as 22 to as old as 45 (! !!) I can't feel comfortable around a woman unless she is older than me. I will be 18 in May, so probably a possible date might be around 24-28.

Edit: I am a guy.

Last edited by Crion87 on 21 Jan 2005, 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Epimonandas
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2005, 11:14 am

I've bounced around...1st - my age or a little younger (til about middle school, thinking kissing was going all the way, had dreams about this for years, one with the Charlie's Angels kissing while tied down on a table, thus for awhile I thought I got over that hump when in like the 3rd grade, I only thought girls were nicer and easier to talk to and get complitments from about my drawing/writing, guys for playing, playing sports, and exchanging physical prowess/achievement adoration - as in you can run fast or such not in the um...other stuff)
2nd - older (I thought so they could drive me to fun places I was not to get to myself and if so not without and older companion)
3rd - older or same age HS
4th - after a long time of older women not taking me seriously, ones my age ignoring, I remembered younger were often impressed by me and since, this may sound strange but I also think - ones who feel my age, still have a need to experience the practice years missed when younger as my practice is wanting anyway, fem/male relationship wise I think even a younger women would be much older then me - in that regard I'm probably between 3rd grade and Middle school age, so in a way even dating a woman a few years younger would be older to me.

Good news then dating a younger female aspie would make us both happy, sort of, as many want older guys.

FuzzyChickens
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Feb 2005, 6:35 pm

That's an amazing coincidence. I happen to like girls roughly 8 years younger than me!

Note: Up to a point, men look better as they get older. Women have the opposite problem. This is why you so frequently see younger women with older men.

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2005, 8:06 pm

FuzzyChickens wrote:
That's an amazing coincidence. I happen to like girls roughly 8 years younger than me!

Note: Up to a point, men look better as they get older. Women have the opposite problem. This is why you so frequently see younger women with older men.

Indeed - they always say that the 2 groups dating agencies struggle to match are younger men and older women..... I know in my case I'm always attracted to much younger women than me who are always way out of my league - one of many reasons I'll always be alone.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2005, 8:17 pm

FuzzyChickens wrote:
Note: Up to a point, men look better as they get older. Women have the opposite problem.

This is why you so frequently see younger women with older men.

I wouldn't go that far. I see beautiful women that look way better than some people 10 years younger.

I don't agree with your conclusion either. That's assuming all people are utterly shallow.