Being Attracted to Older/Younger People

Page 3 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

SINsister
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2005, 2:44 pm

RobertN wrote:
I tend to like older women, as they are less bitchy than teenagers.

8O Bwahahahaha!! ! :twisted:

~Steve Jobs

SINsister
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2005, 2:45 pm

nomad32 wrote:
What does highly visual person with specific tastes mean, if I may ask?

It means that I know what I like, when I see it (which isn't very often :().

~Steve Jobs

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2005, 2:53 pm

The majority of relationships I had ranged from like a couple months to a year older to the other extreme of 5-10 yrs +. But of course, I've had the exception of 1 to 5 yrs younger too. I don't tend to have lasting anything with those around my age.

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2005, 2:55 pm

RobertN wrote:

are we? good grief! i hadn't noticed that about me... ;)

hell_grey
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Aug 2005, 11:38 pm

I thought I replied to this thread already but i didn't see my reply. hrmmmmm. 8O

anyways... the youngest guy I've been attracted to lately was 15. if social norms weren't an issue i would have no problem dating somebody who was <30 yrs old.

on the other hand, I find many olddddddd male celebrities attractive - alan rickman and richard gere for example. but i wouldn't date either of them (and im sure they wouldnt' date me either hahaha)... they'd be dead before i even hit menopause. :roll:

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2005, 10:06 pm

I'm attracted to older guys who are atleast 2 years older than me.

:D SpaceCase :D

hecate
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2005, 8:20 am

the only proper relationship i've had was with a man who was thirteen years older than me. although we must have looked a bit of an odd couple because i look about five years younger than i am and he looked about five years older than he was.
he had four kids (aged 3 - 13) from a previous relationship and i was really worried about meeting them for the first time because i thought: what if they have better social skills than me? what if they talk to me and i can't think of anying to say in response? what if they think i'm a rude, miserable person because i forget to smile when i'm expected to? in the end, i didn't have to worry about it because my relationship ended before i got to meet them.
on average, most of the people i've been involved with have been about ten years older than me. although, recently, i've been thinking it would be interesting to have a toy-boy (about twenty years old) to see if i missed out on anything by not dating people my own age when i was that age.

PaulB
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Aug 2005, 8:44 am

Now here's an odd one for you: all of my relationships have been with women who are within 2 years of my age. So not older, and not younger.

Most of my life I was attracted to older women, but lately I've started finding myself attracted to some younger women. I guess it's the "Dirty Old Man" syndrome (although I am only 31, I'm old enough). Both of my grandfathers were dirty old men, so I guess it's inevitable for me.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still eye up that 45 year old woman on the bus; I just catch myself eyeing up that 20 year old as well.

mellow
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Aug 2005, 5:52 pm

Hi!
I tend to like younger guys, not too young, but generally younger. I've found the younger guys seem to be more carefree and open to relationships. I've dated people my own age too, however, it's been the younger guys with whom I've had the best relationships. For example I really liked someone my own age and all he did was play games with my heart. It's all about meeting the right person.

Thanks for letting me share.
mellow

fahreeq
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2005, 6:50 pm

I feel most comfortable with older men. I don't still think that boys my age are icky, but they just don't do it for me. (I'm 23)

ma_137
Toucan
Toucan

26 Aug 2005, 11:30 am

vetivert wrote:
RobertN wrote:

yes. you are

ma_137
Toucan
Toucan

26 Aug 2005, 11:32 am

odd, but a 19 year old (well she's 18 and will be 19) seems to fancy me. I fancy her in a way, but i'm not sure if it will work out. I'm going to try and hang out with her and see, as she's really smart for her age, but I'm just not sure. Never dated someone with such an age gap. I've always dated a year older or younger than myself. I'm 23 btw.

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2005, 2:17 pm

ma_137 wrote:
vetivert wrote:
RobertN wrote:

yes. you are

erm... are you absolutely sure about that?

mikibacsi1124
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2005, 12:54 pm

I've been interested in girls who are older, younger, and the same age as I am. For me, age doesn't matter - it's all about how well I click with them.

istartedi
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Aug 2005, 8:54 pm

When I'm attracted to women, they are almost always younger. The first girl I liked was the same age as me though; I think that was because she was on the same block, and I really don't put adolescent fascinations in the same category as adult attraction. I last saw her in her mid-twenties: no longer very appealing, but her younger sister, who I had actually babysat when I was a teen, was now a very attractive 18 year old herself.

OTOH, I've had one strong attraction for a much older woman. FWIW, I'm best described as "bisexual" for those who need categories, but in reality I don't like manly-looking men at all. On the "right" planet, there is only one gender and everybody is a longhaired hermaphrodite.

07 Nov 2007, 9:26 pm

when i have more time i'll read this.