Difference in autism between male and female?

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2011, 9:20 am

I'm not obsessed with socializing I know it can just drain me so little is fine

I had to learn empathy - I was impulsively violent to animals when I was young but now I own birds and became very upset when one died a few years ago

I don't know if I have anxiety problems apart from just getting a bit anxious and stressed over something but I let it run its course and then am able to deal with the situation

I didn't know what a meltdown meant until my daughter had a couple, tantrums I was more familiar but not meltdowns

I don't think its depression but I get those awful lows of self-esteem sometimes when I hit a road block and think I don't have the skills when in fact I do but have to go through this cycle of reassurance like - every damn time. You'd think your brain would keep a memory of it that would go into effect to lessen the stress every time it occurs. Instead, I have to surround myself with concrete evidence that I am capable and even then it doesn't always work and I go forth blindly, finish what I need to do. Then, later look at it again and wonder how it ever got done. I HATE THAT.