Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2011, 8:16 pm

chinatown wrote:
:lol: I can't tell if that's a joke or if they actually think there's something to it... You never know with those hippies.

Give me a five! 8)

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

21 Mar 2011, 11:59 am

It's a parody. An 'Onion Lite'.

Also from the Transcience site:

Quote:
Apple Inc. and the Church of Scientology to Merge.

The technology industry has been rocked by the shock announcement that a share exchange between Apple Inc and The Church of Scientology is going to create a single corporation. Most market analysts were surprised at the announcement and the fact that the Monopolies Commision had rubber-stamped the deal so readily. Opinion on the merger is divided.

"I can't believe people are making such a fuss," said Dafydd Miscarriage, head of the Welsh branch of the Church of Scientology. "Global corporations merge all the time. We think it's a match made in heaven, so to speak."

Some analysts are in agreement with him and think that both organisations have much in common, so a merger is not entirely unreasonable.

"Both corporations are highly focused on extracting as much cash from their gullible clients as possible," explained Stewie Griffiths, a business analyst from Cardiff. "Both are run by enigmatic individuals who think they're God and both Apple and Scientology sell great looking products that, on closer inspection, turn out to be vaccuous and inferior when compared to others on the market. It's a real lateral move."
Aside from being completely ridiculous - "Dafydd Miscarriage" is a play on David Miscavige (leader of the CoS), the CoS doesn't have any shares, and that there is no such thing as "the Welsh branch" of the Church of Scientology, we also have a quote from Stewie Griffiths? As in Family Guy's Stewie Griffin, I suspect. :roll:

DoggieDog
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Mar 2011, 3:00 pm

I think it is nonesence. Batism don't cause autism.

GammaGeek
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2011, 3:23 pm

Take that Grandma Nancy! She could of let me be raised the Pagaen way by my mother, but NOOO. She just had to get me baptised Catholic. :lmao:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2011, 5:00 pm

This was posted at Babycenter and even the women there fell for it.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2011, 6:39 pm

This has just made me as mad as I could ever be and im a christian but not a complete nutcase like these people that why i never talk about my religion in the first place :x

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

22 Mar 2011, 7:01 pm

Oh puleeze.
It's a PARODY. It's not intended to be serious!

torako
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Mar 2011, 12:45 am

this is DEFINITELY a parody. if nothing else, the mention of "dihydrogen monoxide" gives it away. dihydrogen monoxide is WATER. there's an entire "ban dihydrogen monoxide" website to make fun of people who don't actually think about what it is they're scared of...

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

23 Mar 2011, 10:17 am

torako wrote:
this is DEFINITELY a parody. if nothing else, the mention of "dihydrogen monoxide" gives it away.
:lol: Yes indeed.
But that stuff is seriously dangerous! Too much of it can kill! Won't someone please think of the children?! Waaah!

torako
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Mar 2011, 1:08 am

Cornflake wrote:
torako wrote:
this is DEFINITELY a parody. if nothing else, the mention of "dihydrogen monoxide" gives it away.
But that stuff is seriously dangerous! Too much of it can kill! Won't someone please think of the children?! Waaah!

prolonged contact with its solid form can cause nerve damage! despite how dangerous it is, it can be found in virtually all food, including baby formula! dihydrogen monoxide withdrawal symptoms always end in death! OMG BAN IT!! !

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

24 Mar 2011, 3:49 pm

torako wrote:
Cornflake wrote:
torako wrote:
prolonged contact with its solid form can cause nerve damage! despite how dangerous it is, it can be found in virtually all food, including baby formula! dihydrogen monoxide withdrawal symptoms always end in death! OMG BAN IT!! !
I know, I KNOW!! ! WAAAH! And yet people actually play with a powder made from this solid form and throw it at each other! Are they MAD? Why can no-one see the DANGER??! ! We're all gonna DIE! Waah! Waah! 8O 8O 8O

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

25 Mar 2011, 9:00 pm

In being serious here, I do have an opinion as to what causes autism---genetics plus a trigger. I believe it is genetic, but the genes may or may not be turned on, therefore a trigger can cause the genes to turn on. I have the genetics in my family, but my oxygen deprivation at birth (leading to a C-section) triggered my autism gene(s) on. That is my opinion. But...I was baptised 8O .

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

25 Mar 2011, 10:26 pm

You may well be right with the trigger.
But I think "dihydrogen monoxide" is er, 'somewhat unlikely' to play a part. :wink:

Hang on a minute though - I was baptised too! 8O
(cue scary music)

ZeroGravitas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Mar 2011, 11:36 pm

Hush, we all know Batman causes autism. Any other explanation is simply a joker trying to confuse us.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt156929.html - How to annoy me

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 2:42 am

glider18 wrote:
In being serious here, I do have an opinion as to what causes autism---genetics plus a trigger. I believe it is genetic, but the genes may or may not be turned on, therefore a trigger can cause the genes to turn on. I have the genetics in my family, but my oxygen deprivation at birth (leading to a C-section) triggered my autism gene(s) on. That is my opinion. But...I was baptised 8O .

So was I. My mom thinks my ear infections and sickness caused me to be on the spectrum because of the way my mind developed because it had to take different pathways. My husband also believes you need to have the autism gene and then something to cause it from the environment and mine was ear infections and being sick a lot.

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

30 Mar 2011, 3:18 pm

League_Girl wrote:
glider18 wrote:

So was I. My mom thinks my ear infections and sickness caused me to be on the spectrum because of the way my mind developed because it had to take different pathways. My husband also believes you need to have the autism gene and then something to cause it from the environment and mine was ear infections and being sick a lot.

This caught my eye-
I was plagued with near-constant ear infections as an infant and young child,
sometimes for years.

I was also a very sick infant besides that, having Croup, and other diseases (I'd have to ask my mom).