Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

ZeroGravitas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Mar 2011, 11:36 pm

Hush, we all know Batman causes autism. Any other explanation is simply a joker trying to confuse us.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt156929.html - How to annoy me

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 2:42 am

glider18 wrote:
In being serious here, I do have an opinion as to what causes autism---genetics plus a trigger. I believe it is genetic, but the genes may or may not be turned on, therefore a trigger can cause the genes to turn on. I have the genetics in my family, but my oxygen deprivation at birth (leading to a C-section) triggered my autism gene(s) on. That is my opinion. But...I was baptised 8O .

So was I. My mom thinks my ear infections and sickness caused me to be on the spectrum because of the way my mind developed because it had to take different pathways. My husband also believes you need to have the autism gene and then something to cause it from the environment and mine was ear infections and being sick a lot.

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

30 Mar 2011, 3:18 pm

League_Girl wrote:
glider18 wrote:
In being serious here, I do have an opinion as to what causes autism---genetics plus a trigger. I believe it is genetic, but the genes may or may not be turned on, therefore a trigger can cause the genes to turn on. I have the genetics in my family, but my oxygen deprivation at birth (leading to a C-section) triggered my autism gene(s) on. That is my opinion. But...I was baptised 8O .

So was I. My mom thinks my ear infections and sickness caused me to be on the spectrum because of the way my mind developed because it had to take different pathways. My husband also believes you need to have the autism gene and then something to cause it from the environment and mine was ear infections and being sick a lot.

This caught my eye-
I was plagued with near-constant ear infections as an infant and young child,
sometimes for years.

I was also a very sick infant besides that, having Croup, and other diseases (I'd have to ask my mom).