im pissed that people think autism is a violent disorder

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Aspiewordsmith
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2015, 9:05 am

You could say that allism and other neurotypical spectrum condition can be a violent disorder but allistics would dismiss this as human nature but with autistic people, allistics blame autistic people. Also the notion of us having to 'know our place and failure to do so being labelled as an attitude problem are tricks that have been used by racists against black people too. :idea:

Aspiewordsmith
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2015, 9:06 am

You could say that allism and other neurotypical spectrum condition can be a violent disorder but allistics would dismiss this as human nature but with autistic people, allistics blame autistic people. Also the notion of us having to 'know our place and failure to do so being labelled as an attitude problem are tricks that have been used by racists against black people too. :idea:

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2015, 7:09 pm

Aspiewordsmith wrote:

Nice necropost. But I'd agree. If a normal person commits a crime, then they themselves are blamed. If they are attacked violently by police for no reason, the police are blamed. If an autist does the same thing, then autism itself is blamed.

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x