Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ADD_Teen
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Mar 2011, 5:43 pm

Okay, my fiance has PDD or Asperger's, and I'm not really good with social cues, so my mom always tells me what he did wrong in her opinion.
I just got him to meet a guy friend of mine, who's brother has PDD as well. We hanged out in some kid park, and my fiance began showing how worse them me he is: I asked if it's OK to play with the swing. He just began playing with it and yelling like some excited 5-year-old. My guy friend didn't disapprove it(at least not by words, I have no idea about faces and/or body looks), and kinda joined us. Later, he played the 2-3 year old games (a crocodile-like thing, a car-like thing), I was socially confused enough to join him, and my guy friend didn't really care about our behavior.
I have no idea what I SHOULD do next time I will go to a public place with him; what's OK for us & what's not.
But he improved his skills, and I'm really good with lying, so I cover up for him.
What can I do?

Obsession: Neuro-psychology, my boyfriend, neurology (stopped denying it).
Illy, I love you. :heart:

sacrip
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 8:32 pm

I'm not really sure what the question here is. Is it "Is it OK to act silly and childish if we're having fun out in public?" Or is it "My fiance acts childish in the park, should I have joined him or told him I didn't want to?" If you're having a fun time and not breaking any rules, then I wouldn't worry about how you're both acting. If YOU don't want to do it, you shouldn't feel like you have to. If you don't think HE should do it...then it gets complicated. Maybe it embarrasses you, but you don't want to start a fight. Or maybe you're not sure if it's supposed to be something embarrassing or not, and you want to know so you can tell him next time.

So, here's a good rule of thumb: if you THINK you shouldn't be doing it, or you don't like that he's doing it, say so. if he loves you. he'll understand.