Mistaking Thirst for Hunger (and vice versa)

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Do you guys do this? (Mistaking Thirst for Hunger (and vice versa))
Yes 59%  59%  [ 17 ]
No 38%  38%  [ 11 ]
Other 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 29

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 8:24 pm

I do, and I'm almost positive it's a problem with sugars. Not necessarily diabetes, but I hardly ever drink water. I drink a lot of juices, and I know a great many people drink sodas. Food and most drinks other than water drive sugar levels up. Low blood sugar triggers feelings of hunger.

If what you tend to drink is mostly not water, I think the body becomes confused as to what it really needs.

I look at it this way these days. Sugar is food. No, it isn't the best food, but it is still food. Sodas and juices are food. They both drive up sugar levels and either stop or put off the feeling of hunger. Water doesn't fill you up, but it does hydrate.

Simple solution is, if you aren't sure whether it's thirst or hunger, drink some water. If it isn't doing it for you, you probably need to eat.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...