Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2011, 4:59 pm

Good day, WP. I am here to report on two very peculiar games known as Pokemon Engrish Green and Pokemon Vietnamese Crystal. Both are bootlegs and horribly translated versions of Pokemon games of course. And by horribly translated, I mean worse than Zero Wing. Particularly the latter, which I consider a homunculus of faulty translation. If you want to see examples of how bad these games are, I suggest you go here http://www.youtube.com/user/DeliciousCinnamon

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ_bhwCgtXg&feature=channel_video_title[/youtube]
Both of these games have roms on the internet. The links should be on DC's youtube channel if you want to play the games, and I highly suggest that you do. The game is basically 40-60 hours of pure engrish-derived entertainment.

Pokemon Vietnamese Crystal: The funnier of the two because of the amount of language conversions it has undergone. Pokemon Vietnamese Crystal is a Vietnamese-to English translated version of Crystal that was sold as a bootleg in markets accross Vietnam in early 2001. Based on all of the place names and the names of the characters, it is most likely that this is a translation of the Chinese version of Crystal(which itself is an unofficial translation of the Japanese version, for China doesn't have official Pokemon games, just Pokemon paraphernalia and media). So, in essence, this game has undergone three language conversions. What you get is a shoggoth of mistranslation. A game where Pokemon are called Elf's and their trainers are called coaches and Team Rocket is Missile Bomb. Where half of the attacks have gibberish names or the names of other unrelated things(water gun is called flame, ember is called bind, and harden is called hate). Pokemon Vietnamese Crystal is so Engrish-laden that a person well-versed in the English language will definitely laugh through half of the game.

A quote from the game, provided by a fellow member of this forum, Ancientchaos: Silver/rival: "I am very disgusted with the trashy man. In spite of the monster, and the coach, only trashy, I will beat down them all. For this I must strengthen myself. The monster is the same too, collect all the trashy, righteous fellow all are unpardonable. You don't affect me. The trashy strolling is an eyesore."

And another two from me: Woman in Sprout Tower:"The room is shaking above, for the monks practising Buddhism."
Description of mother's stove: "A very adept arrangement for Mother, volcano bakemeat."

Assorted pics:

Pokemon Engrish Green: Engrish Green is not as Engrish laden because the game is a direct translation of Pokemon Green. It's still quite funny though. The game tends to use really strange terminology for simplistic things. For instance, Pokemon stores are called friendship stores.

Assorted Pics:

blackcat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2011, 6:03 pm

LOL! This is hilarious! Thank you, I needed that! Hahahahahahaha!! !

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2011, 6:31 pm

If anyone is confused as to how one can get a gameboy emulator onto their pc and how to play games on it, let me know and I'll write up a guide.
The download link of the game is at the bottom of the first post in this link: http://nintendoland.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6056

Some fanart of the game:

[img][800:767]http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss72/BaiShenLong/100_1166.jpg[/img]

Based on a quote said by an old lady ingame: It is said there is a spirit in the forest don't serve the devil.

Every time you send out a Pokemon, your character says "Go away!".

[img][800:767]http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss72/BaiShenLong/100_1160.jpg[/img]

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2011, 10:23 pm

that was hilarious!! ! i am laughing so hard it hurts!

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity

Ancient_Chaos
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Mar 2011, 1:52 am

I just created a new photobucket account dedicated just to the lulz from these games.
Also, here's the link for Green - the download link is actually in the ad box
http://romhustler.net/download/gbc/1628

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2011, 10:45 am

^^^^^I have discovered the slenders in the road in Green. Wat do?

And also, a girl told me about the dangers of Clark, for he is very small but poisonous.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2011, 4:19 pm

That was hilarious, thank you for sharing it. :lol:

Jaejoongfangirl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2011, 6:15 pm

Totally hilarious! Thank you for sharing - made my day! :lol:

slovaksiren
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2011, 6:58 pm

Hilarious! Of course, the most famous one is Pokemon Diamond for the gameboy, which is actually a Japanese game known as Telefang in disguise. It's a game like Pokemon and Digimon with monsters and stuff you fight with, but yeah... it never had an English release so this is all that we have of it...

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2011, 7:19 pm

slovaksiren wrote:
Hilarious! Of course, the most famous one is Pokemon Diamond for the gameboy, which is actually a Japanese game known as Telefang in disguise. It's a game like Pokemon and Digimon with monsters and stuff you fight with, but yeah... it never had an English release so this is all that we have of it...

Yeah, I remember those games. Diamond and Jade which were really Telefang: Power and Telefang: Speed. You could never save in the bootlegs and they had a lot of expletives.

I've got tons more pictures from Crystal, but I need to edit them together into strings(like AncientChaos) before I upload because WP won't let me post more than 6 individual pictures in the same post. I'm currently further than DelisciousCinnamon, so I've found some things they haven't seen. Like this strange, crazy ghost trainer who talks about the "invisible pleasures" and the travesty that is Moomoo Farms.

HybridSoul
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Apr 2011, 7:18 pm

VOLCANO BAKEMEAT
This made my day. I never heard of a volcano doing such a thing. You've made me very wise, Pokemon Viatnamese Crystal.

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 4:19 am

I think that this made my day

Yonako-Kitti
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Apr 2011, 8:32 am

I downloaded the ROM of this. BD
IT'S FREAKING AMAZING.
'USED BAG f**k'
'VOLCANO BAKE MEAT'
The quotes are just amazing.
Aw,man now I want to draw fanart of it.

Kimmy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Apr 2011, 8:44 pm

This reminde me of the Darth Vader "Do Not Want" :lol:

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

25 Apr 2011, 9:11 pm

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

25 Apr 2011, 9:15 pm

This is the funniest stuff I've heard all day! Gotta put that Gameboy emulator back on my computer, 'cause now I want to play some Vietnamese Pokemon Crystal.