Light it up blue facebook campaign - neurodiversity images

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

LoveableNerd
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Apr 2011, 11:00 pm

Obviously I think Autism Awareness is a good thing. But not the way Autism Speaks presents it.

I made my own promotional image that incorporates the celebrate neurodiversity logo.

Everyone is free to use it for their own facebook, if they wish. Just right click the above image, and save it to your hard drive. Then upload it to your facebook photos and set it as your default image to make a statement in the face of the "Light It Up Blue" campaign.

8th Cmdmt: Thou Shalt Not Steal.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2011, 12:22 am

Neurodiversity innately is not one ideological agenda against the other but respecting what is. However what is does indeed think for itself. In this way neurodiversity in it's true form cannot be polarized. I do like your graphic with the heart.

The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com

Nurylon
Raven
Raven

02 Apr 2011, 1:31 pm

Orange is better. The opposite of blue. You don't want others to think you're one of the curebies because you light it up blue, do you? ;)

ci
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2011, 1:37 pm

Nurylon wrote:
Orange is better. The opposite of blue. You don't want others to think you're one of the curebies because you light it up blue, do you? ;)

Once polarization on essential human rights takes place to remedy adverse symptoms conflict is more prone. To be a curebe is to acknowledge human rights and anything otherwise seems to evade treatment human rights for the most part. These polarized politics stem from the emotional qualities of the label, identity and what might be considered as self-preservation but to support a cure also has similar qualities.

The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com

ducky9924
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Apr 2011, 1:37 pm

how the heck did they decide that blue = autism....

ci
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2011, 1:38 pm

ducky9924 wrote:
how the heck did they decide that blue = autism....

Maybe politics, maybe gender based and calming blue... Don't know.

Kjartan
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Apr 2011, 5:24 pm

Thanks for the graphic, I have pasted it to my FB profile. A nice bit of culture jamming subverting the Autism (doesn't) Speaks (for me) logo. I did not know about the movement to use orange as the alternative to blue, but will make use of orange in the future.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2011, 7:15 pm

I also think that orange would be a better colour.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 Apr 2011, 5:07 pm

Kjartan wrote:
Thanks for the graphic, I have pasted it to my FB profile. A nice bit of culture jamming subverting the Autism (doesn't) Speaks (for me) logo. I did not know about the movement to use orange as the alternative to blue, but will make use of orange in the future.

I did not realize the use of orange either. I guess we could always download the graphic, then use something like photoshop to change it to orange if we wanted to.

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2011, 1:39 pm

i like the heart cuz it shows aspies have emotion.

Nurylon
Raven
Raven

05 Apr 2011, 5:31 am

Aspergia used to ask us to wear orange wristbands/bracelets/strings/whatever so that we could identify each other in RL and make friends. Cuz you never know who is Aspie. :D

ducky9924
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Apr 2011, 1:44 am

Nurylon wrote:
Aspergia used to ask us to wear orange wristbands/bracelets/strings/whatever so that we could identify each other in RL and make friends. Cuz you never know who is Aspie. :D

if things on my wrist didn't but me so much, that'd be kinda cool.

Actually, it'f be really fun to have everyone do that during Autism Awareness month. Maybe make some friends. (so we're not wondering if every random person we see with a orange bracelet is an Aspie ALL YEAR)

Delirium
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2011, 2:45 pm

Nurylon wrote:

The pro-ana people already do that with red strings. It'll probably backfire and people will think you have some kind of eating disorder.

tenzinsmom
Toucan
Toucan

07 Apr 2011, 10:19 pm

Where did the orange idea come from?

Can someone point me to some information?

thanks!! !

ecoronin
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Apr 2011, 6:04 pm

thanks for the pic have used it on facebook