Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Female
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Oct 2012, 1:30 pm

RightGalaxy wrote:
Have you read Tony Atwood's "Asperger's and Girls"? It is very informative.
Boys with Asperger's don't realize how good they have it compared to girls. I see red every time I read a post talking about how hard it is to talk to girls. I know it's my problem and not there's, but I can't help how it makes me feel. I was having meltdowns in public well into adolescents, my emotional difficulties sent me to special education, where I didn't get much of an education. I'm twenty-nine, never had a job, never graduated from collage, and never kissed a boy. I'm a very angry and bitter person and have no advice to give.

ConfusedNewb
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Oct 2012, 3:12 pm

Hi, I have a 4yo daughter with AS.
Have you read Aspergers in Pink? Its a really nice book, the author is on facebook and her daughter is now grown up and has her own blog which is interesting, life from her point of view :)

Aspergers in Pink facebook

Kristinas Blog

My daughter doesnt seem to feel the cold or pain either, this is down to sensory issues. She broke her fractured her leg when she was 18 months old and hardly cried at all, we didnt even realise until one week later!! She cant stand the sound of her little sister crying, she also doesnt like the doctors, and thinks we dont love her when we tell her off. She sees things very black and white so if we are telling her off she doesnt understand that we can be angry and still love her.