Do you think Barack Obama will win in 2012?

Page 4 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2011, 3:51 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
No, I'm referring to poor people, college students, blacks and other racial minorities. In other words people who have historically been known to vote Democrat.
I forgot to mention, there is a pending law in Texas that would not accept college I.D.'s as proper identification to register, or let alone vote - but they'd accept a gun license. Sort of implies who they want to let vote, and who they don't.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Ever hear of an absentee ballot, college kids are often residents of other states (you are only supposed to have 1 vote not 1 in each state). Or are you implying that foreign college students should be voting in our elections.

As to your playing the race card (and I'm quite frankly not surprised), there is such thing as a state ID, unless you're saying Illegal Immigrants should be allowed to vote, it is rather easy for a US citizen regardless of race to get a State Photo ID.

What's wrong with college students having political interest and concern for where they're going to school? And, no, I'm not talking about foreigners.

Because they are already a resident of another state and would be voting in that state's election. To allow them to also vote in another state's election would essentially be allowing them to vote multiple times.

I'm talking about them being allowed to vote in the state where they're studying in, rather than back home.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2011, 4:22 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
No, I'm referring to poor people, college students, blacks and other racial minorities. In other words people who have historically been known to vote Democrat.
I forgot to mention, there is a pending law in Texas that would not accept college I.D.'s as proper identification to register, or let alone vote - but they'd accept a gun license. Sort of implies who they want to let vote, and who they don't.

Ever hear of an absentee ballot, college kids are often residents of other states (you are only supposed to have 1 vote not 1 in each state). Or are you implying that foreign college students should be voting in our elections.

As to your playing the race card (and I'm quite frankly not surprised), there is such thing as a state ID, unless you're saying Illegal Immigrants should be allowed to vote, it is rather easy for a US citizen regardless of race to get a State Photo ID.

What's wrong with college students having political interest and concern for where they're going to school? And, no, I'm not talking about foreigners.

Because they are already a resident of another state and would be voting in that state's election. To allow them to also vote in another state's election would essentially be allowing them to vote multiple times.

I'm talking about them being allowed to vote in the state where they're studying in, rather than back home.

You can only do that if you are a resident of the state you are studying in, if you are just there for studying you can use an absentee ballot to vote in your home state. It is either one or the other, if they are out-of-state, that means they are out of state.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2011, 5:14 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

You can only do that if you are a resident of the state you are studying in, if you are just there for studying you can use an absentee ballot to vote in your home state. It is either one or the other, if they are out-of-state, that means they are out of state.

If they're living there most of the school year, I'd say they qualify for being residents. On top of that, if they live where they study, then local politics should be more of an interest for them.
Again, the whole point is to keep liberal thinking college students from voting Democrat.

psychohist
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2011, 5:40 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
If they're living there most of the school year, I'd say they qualify for being residents

That's true. And in that case, they can easily get a driver's license or state ID from the state where they're going to school. No need to use a college ID that would allow them to vote in multiple states.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2011, 5:59 pm

psychohist wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
If they're living there most of the school year, I'd say they qualify for being residents

That's true. And in that case, they can easily get a driver's license or state ID from the state where they're going to school. No need to use a college ID that would allow them to vote in multiple states.

But you have to ask - why don't they want to accept a college I.D.?

psychohist
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2011, 6:35 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Because accepting college IDs would permit voter fraud. For example, the entire time I was in college in Massachusetts, I was still voting in Michigan. Accepting a college ID would have allowed me to vote in both Michigan and Massachusetts, which would have been voter fraud, just as Inuyasha pointed out.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2011, 8:59 pm

psychohist wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Because accepting college IDs would permit voter fraud. For example, the entire time I was in college in Massachusetts, I was still voting in Michigan. Accepting a college ID would have allowed me to vote in both Michigan and Massachusetts, which would have been voter fraud, just as Inuyasha pointed out.

I'm talking about registering at where the students live and study at, not double voting.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2011, 10:07 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

This is more the fault of using the dumb "electoral college" system than one of college students somehow causing republicans to lose.

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2011, 9:22 am

Definitions.

If he is ELECTED, nobody [certainly not Obama] wins.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2011, 4:42 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NyvYwfZR38&feature=related[/youtube]