What would you do in a zombie apocalypse?

Page 2 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

RainingRoses
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2011, 6:40 pm

draelynn wrote:
First things first - secure the family and then arm yourself. Assuming you are not already stock piling for 2012, most people have limited firepower at their immediate disposal. Most important - find a way to maintain distance. We happen to have various swords and spears as decor, most with razor sharp blades but most yard equipment is at least adequate for provide reach and whacking power. Flat edged shovels, bladed tools if you have them. Do not go outdoors unarmed. Guns are only useful if you are an excellent shot. Let's just hope all zombies conform to the Romero standard and need a head shot to be put out of commission.

You need to find a defendable location. Basically, get out of town. The industrial section of your town is a good first stop. Most warehouses are located here. Know where your local stores warehouses are. Most are enclosed with fences. Fences are good. You need to get to it, seal yourself in and clean house. Torch all bodies, secure your supplies, recruit other needy souls - as much as people go for the loner, every man for himself - you are safer in numbers. that doesn't mean trust them all - after all, you need them to improve security and improve your odds. People are going to whig out (because they are not mentally prepared for zombies...) and the more 'normal' you can make things for them, the more stable they will hopefully be. most people are social creatures. Play to that instinct!

Being in an industrial center, there shouldn't be a huge zombie threat. We have mile long warehouses for several major retailers near us. Hundreds of peopel could survive just fine for months in these. Remeber, the infrastructure will crash and burn fairly quickly in an epidemic. No electricity, no water. Use the frozen supplies first because after the power goes out - it's gone. Use the running water until the water goes off - save your bottled water. The worst scenario, nuclear power plants will not have the chance to shut down properly and will go unmanned, eventually melting down. Hopefully, you will have time to get yourself moved but honestly, the only realy hope will be underground shelter and radiation protection. It won't be 1 reactor going down it will be all of them, worldwide. You may need to make your way to Denver - not that the government will allow you into that massive shelter. Research all the defunct underground bases and former shelters that are now decommissioned. There are many around the country. Chances are you are within a state or two of one of these facilities. If you are overseas, the US has littered the globe with military bases. Find one! There are plenty of doomsday sites online with this information. Use the internet rabidly to gather information before it goes down.

Zombie - with any luck - will rot to the point of immobility. There is conjecture on how long this may take - in some scenarios, they never rot. That's just ludacris. When they rot to the point the muscles no longer function - they are much less of a threat. Even if contagion slows the decomp process it is highly unlikely that it will cease totally. No matter how cool it is, skeletons can't walk without muscles to move them. This isn't a movie - real life rules apply here! I'm betting on a solid two months. If you can last this long - you should be able to survive for the long haul.

(Awesome idea BTW! :D )

OMG! I think I'm in love!

takeapart
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Apr 2011, 8:04 pm

I reckon going down the Winchester, and seal up the doors, nice cool pint, pig snacks, couple of chasers and maybe read Douglas Couplands "Girlfriend in a Coma",play some electro back at the flat later.

draelynn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2011, 8:23 pm

sunshower wrote:
8O Wow.. so well thought out. I think I'll abandon my idea and stick with you in the event of a zombie apocalypse. Of course, I have no idea where you live or how far away it is from me so I guess the minor hiccup of getting to where you are would have to be resolved first...

Just follow the plan young one... follow the plan... or learn to use shortwave radio.

Hmmmmmm... there probably should be an agreed upon emergancy frequency we can all tune to to contact one another and share survival tips...

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2011, 8:25 pm

draelynn wrote:
sunshower wrote:
8O Wow.. so well thought out. I think I'll abandon my idea and stick with you in the event of a zombie apocalypse. Of course, I have no idea where you live or how far away it is from me so I guess the minor hiccup of getting to where you are would have to be resolved first...

Just follow the plan young one... follow the plan... or learn to use shortwave radio.

Hmmmmmm... there probably should be an agreed upon emergancy frequency we can all tune to to contact one another and share survival tips...

how about 66.6

draelynn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2011, 8:26 pm

RainingRoses wrote:
OMG! I think I'm in love!

:D You act like you've never met a tomboy Aspie woman before...

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2011, 8:40 pm

Titangeek wrote:
draelynn wrote:
sunshower wrote:

how about 66.6

Sounds like a plan.

RedHanrahan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2011, 8:55 pm

Clap and cheer, then get a bottle of good Irish whisky, get hell drunk and go looking for a bunch of hungry zombies...
... It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine...

peace j

What vision is left? And is anyone asking?

Have a great day!

draelynn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2011, 9:10 pm

sunshower wrote:
Titangeek wrote:
draelynn wrote:
sunshower wrote:

how about 66.6

Sounds like a plan.

I like the way you think... I'm in. It's a deal.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2011, 9:13 pm

RedHanrahan wrote:
Clap and cheer, then get a bottle of good Irish whisky, get hell drunk and go looking for a bunch of hungry zombies...
... It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine...

peace j

This too, sounds like a possibility... Did exactly this on the night of the floods (got hell drunk sitting on my balcony in the dark with people who lived in the next street over while we waited for the water to rise).

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2011, 10:21 pm

Vigilans wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
Zombies can't get you at sea.

Sorry to disappoint you my dear... not even sharks are safe, I'm afraid 8)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOSN2s8FY8Q[/youtube]

hale_bopp wrote:
desserted island

Like this one? :wink:

Whoops I forgot about sharks.
and no.. that desserted Island is dribbling everywhere. :shameonyou:

I meant deserted.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2011, 10:27 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
Whoops I forgot about sharks.
and no.. that desserted Island is dribbling everywhere.

I meant deserted.

:lol: I know, I'm just kidding around. But doesn't it look tasty?

That poor shark... what did it ever do to that zombie? :cry:
Underwater zombies are scary...

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2011, 10:45 am

The best part of a zombie apocalypse is I finally get to hit a zombie in the head with a bush axe.

danmac
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2011, 1:06 pm

if you can't beat them you'll have to join them!

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2011, 2:58 pm

Lose my mind because of all my loved ones dying, probably get myself killed.

ryan93
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2011, 3:55 pm

If it was a "28 days later" virus, I have the following flow chart:

Gas station - - - -> Aran Islands, with food/beer, wait a year.

Member of the WP Strident Atheists

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

27 Apr 2011, 11:41 pm

I'd have a barbeque

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLmFg8vJN4E[/youtube]

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition