What would you do in a zombie apocalypse?

Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 9:19 pm

Got the idea off an off topic conversation in the adult forum. What would you do? How would you survive/die?

jamieboy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 9:26 pm

Must. eat. sunshines. brains

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 9:40 pm

I'd like to think my CONSTANT dreams about zombies would give me an edge.

I'd steal someone's car, go find a gun, then get the hell out of dodge. Not sure I'd actually survive, too populated and close to a major city, no idea how to drive, where to get a gun, or where I could go where it'd be safe. I'd also find it really hard to leave my cats behind.

Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them.

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 9:46 pm

I'd probably end up like Ed.

sterfry
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 10:02 pm

I'd take a boat to a deserted tropical island and live off fish and coconuts. Of course I'd remember a fishing pole, scissors (to cut hair), and a lifetime supply of sunscreen.

If the zombies ever learned how to swim or just walked along the bottom of the ocean to the island I would simply jump into the molten lava in the active volcano before they could enjoy my fish-fattened, un-sunburned body.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 10:14 pm

I would go north with my girlfriend and disappear into the great Canadian wilderness. I would have a gun and my hunting bows, and tools to make more arrows. I would bring the tools necessary to build and maintain shelter and have some limited agriculture in addition to hunting and gathering- I would also bring some sort of almanac about the indigenous flora and what was safe to eat or etc. I would stay the hell away from other people and population centers. I'd set up back up shelters in case we had to leave in a hurry.
That is assuming we have enough time to get out of dodge. Otherwise... well, I'll just hope there is somebody slower running behind us :lol: AND that they aren't running zombies... that s**t is weak. We live on Montreal island so I'd steal a boat (boat-jacking? :P ) and head downriver, past Quebec City, and then try and fulfill my plan
I have way too many zombie dreams...

Last edited by Vigilans on 25 Apr 2011, 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 10:18 pm

I'd build myself a rocket ship and take off to the Moon.

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 10:21 pm

time to nut up or shut up.

Simple; I'd get a boat and a shotgun.

That is my spot, in an ever changing world, it is a single point of consistency. If my life were expressed as a function on a four dimensional Cartesian coordinate system, that spot, from the moment I first sat on it, would be 0-0-0-0.

gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 10:35 pm

Find some other survivors, band up, get some guns, raid food markets, and learn to fight.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 11:10 pm

In the short term:

Get weapons. Knives, chainsaws, guns, anything. These will be needed to kill zombies or people trying to kill you.
Loot a supermarket, get as much storable food as possible. Loot a Gardening shop for food seeds. Steal a car, and steal a lot of fuel for it.

The weapons first, they will be needed when fighting over supermarket food.

I would try to go to a remote place to spend time thinking about a better place to go.
I'd get camping stuff, lighters, matches, survival gear and throw it in the boot of the car.
Also I may steal a boat if I find New Zealand isn't safe enough. Zombies can't get you at sea.

I'd look for a desserted island.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 11:33 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
Zombies can't get you at sea.

Sorry to disappoint you my dear... not even sharks are safe, I'm afraid 8)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOSN2s8FY8Q[/youtube]

hale_bopp wrote:
desserted island

Like this one? :wink:

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 11:39 pm

My shopping list for a zombie apocalypse

1. Shotgun (dose this need further explanation).

2. heavily armored vehicle (because what's the point of going to a zombie apocalypse if you can't do it in style).
[img][280:180]http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/11/03knight_kv_av.jpg[/img]

3. Minigun (gotta have something to put on top of the battlewagon, and a M61 Vulcan just seemed excessive).

4. Camping supply's, and a food dehydrator (a convenient way to make beef jerky, or squirrel jerky or jerky our of any red meat.)

5. A map and a compass.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2011, 12:15 am

sunshower wrote:
Got the idea off an off topic conversation in the adult forum. What would you do? How would you survive/die?

I am very well armed and I am no stranger to the use of violence. If I told you what I would do to the zombies and the living who get in my way it would give you nightmares for months.

One thing is certain I would do my best to push my survival agenda on others either by taking advantage of my above average verbal IQ or my above average level of violence. My lack of empathy will serve me well.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2011, 12:19 am

Todesking wrote:
If I told you what I would do to the zombies and the living who get in my way it would give you nightmares for months.

It probably would, I'm not very into violence. This was my response:

If it was a zombie apocalypse I'd probably take hiking gear, fishing gear, lighters, warm clothes, pen and notebooks, water purifier, pack it into a large backpack, and then hightail it out to the most remote corner of wilderness I could find, build a hut out of wood and leaves, and spend the rest of my life living off fish and forest nuts and fruit and writing philosophical thoughts and possibly fantasy novels.

Oberoth
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2011, 12:21 am

My main plan:
Loot as much food as I could from the local supermarket. And then seal myself into the towns Castle. The thick granite walls and oak doors would be quite secure, and the castle contains hundreds of sharp and blunt weapons in good condition to break any zombie that might be able to climb the walls. There is also some plate and mail armour on display aswell in excellent condition that would be of some use in warding off zombie teeth.
Steal as much compost, and as many planting pots, and seeds as possible to attempt to grow extra food on top of one of the towers.
[I would take my cat into the castle aswell]
Or the sailing south plan, either would be good.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2011, 12:26 am

Living in a castle would certainly be interesting, and you'd be much more protected from the elements (a bonus).