Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2011, 2:50 pm

Where or when should you have been born and why?

I should have been born in england because they get to wear awesome outlandish fancy hats.

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2011, 3:07 pm

I wish I was born a few years earlier than I was, I couldn't comment on where though.

Indy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2011, 3:29 pm

I should have been born in the Rocky Mountains. Because it's the part of the world I most want to explore, and then I wouldn't have far to travel to get there.

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2011, 3:38 pm

I should've been born in Norway or the Basque Country, because they're awesome. :D Or Ireland or Scotland.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2011, 4:01 pm

I should have been born in the Mid 40s, so that I would have been able to enjoy the 60s to the fullest.

USMCnBNSFdude
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2011, 4:06 pm

I should have been born in the mid 20's, and without the hormone of a tree. And of course without AS.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2011, 4:57 pm

I should have been born in the distant future, on Mars preferably :wink:

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2011, 7:40 pm

Vigilans wrote:
on Mars preferably

So you really think we'll be living on other planets in the future?

USMCnBNSFdude wrote:
without the hormone of a tree

Huh??? What is the hormone of a tree?

The mid 20's might be too boring for me though.

CockneyRebel wrote:
I would have been able to enjoy the 60s to the fullest

But would you have really enjoyed it? You would have been drugged out the entire time.

dunbots wrote:
because they're awesome.

Why are they awesome?

Indy wrote:
wouldn't have far to travel to get there

But isn't the joy in the journey?

TenPencePiece wrote:
a few years earlier

that may or may not have been fun, because it literally depends on what exact year you are talking about

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2011, 7:42 pm

I should have been born outside the UK, I'm most likely to live either a more peaceful life and live in a world where I could just simply relate to a lot of people.

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2011, 7:45 pm

chrissyrun wrote:
dunbots wrote:
because they're awesome.

Why are they awesome?

Pff, why wouldn't they be? Well, I love Basque culture, and I'm part Norwegian, Scottish, and Irish, and like those countries and languages very much. ;)

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2011, 8:11 pm

superboyian wrote:
I should have been born outside the UK

How would that make people more accepting? If only there was a place for all the aspies of the world to hang out....hmmmm, got it, wrongplanet.... :wink:

Dunbots wrote:
Pff, why wouldn't they be? Well, I love Basque culture, and I'm part Norwegian, Scottish, and Irish, and like those countries and languages very much.

What does PFF mean?
That's fine for you, I was just asking why to liked those places. I wasn't trying to put them down. To each his own.

USMCnBNSFdude
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2011, 8:16 pm

chrissyrun wrote:
USMCnBNSFdude wrote:
without the hormone of a tree

Huh??? What is the hormone of a tree?

The mid 20's might be too boring for me though.

It was an inside joke...among myself. I'm really tall for my age.

Well, if you were born in the mid twenties, you wouldn't remember much cause you would be a baby. :wink: Of course you'd suffer through the Great Depression, but my idea was I'd get to fly some awesome planes in World War Two and after that raise a family before the hippie revolution screws up my life. (no offense to hippies).

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2011, 8:19 pm

chrissyrun wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
on Mars preferably

So you really think we'll be living on other planets in the future?

Absolutely. Its a natural stage of evolution, and is the only way we can ensure the security of our genetic destiny- keeping all our eggs in one basket (Earth) will inevitably result in our extinction

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2011, 8:20 pm

USMCnBNSFdude wrote:
It was an inside joke...among myself. I'm really tall for my age.

Well, if you were born in the mid twenties, you wouldn't remember much cause you would be a baby. Of course you'd suffer through the Great Depression, but my idea was I'd get to fly some awesome planes in World War Two and after that raise a family before the hippie revolution screws up my life. (no offense to hippies).

Hhahaha, wait. I shouldn't be laughing. It an inside joke.....with yourself. How tall are you?

Ha. Ha. Ha. Jk, but that is a pretty good reason, aside from the depression thing. Plus it would be fun to be in the greatest economic boost after living through the worst economic struggles in the country.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2011, 8:25 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Absolutely. Its a natural stage of evolution, and is the only way we can ensure the security of our genetic destiny- keeping all our eggs in one basket (Earth) will inevitably result in our extinction

So you don't believe in a religion I take it....? Not to offend you, but I think and feel that there will be a 2nd coming and the earth will be cleansed and made into the celestial kingdom. Your prospect is that we will move onto the planets into the solar system? What if we don't forward science along fast enough and we become extinct on those planets anyways? Or what if we end up killing everyone ourselves in the end?

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2011, 8:39 pm

chrissyrun wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

So you don't believe in a religion I take it....? Not to offend you, but I think and feel that there will be a 2nd coming and the earth will be cleansed and made into the celestial kingdom. Your prospect is that we will move onto the planets into the solar system? What if we don't forward science along fast enough and we become extinct on those planets anyways? Or what if we end up killing everyone ourselves in the end?

I'm an Atheist yes. But there are many Christians who also think about the future in this way (along with other religions). I think of it as our evolutionary objective & destiny to spread biology and ourselves throughout the universe. As a Christian, one could see it as spreading God's creation to places that haven't yet been blessed with it. Or maybe, the idea of terraforming worlds and creating ecology where there was none will become an entirely new religion itself
Its better to try and spread ourselves than to just die out in one place and go the way of the Dinosaurs. And living on just one planet makes it all the more likely that we can all die out- but if we are spread, then we can always endure