What are you obsessed with and why?

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ryan93
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2011, 8:43 pm

Biochemistry - It's a great perspective on life (I'm comfortable in saying I have the answer to one of those early childhood Big Questions, what is life?), and there's something poetic about the idea that the tricarboxylic acid cycle cracks carbon skeletons to make C02, don't ask why.

Nucleotide Chemistry is particularily interesting, there's a real nice overlap between Genetics, Biochemistry, and Evolution in this field.

Evolution - I love the picture of life as being a self replicating divergent pattern. Again, very poetic.

Philosophy of Science - I find the philosophy of science to be very interesting; it deals with epistemology, and skepticism in interesting ways. I love Science with Philosophical Implications; Godel's Theorems and Libet's Experiments.

Member of the WP Strident Atheists

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2011, 8:43 pm

I'm obsessed with money, because that obsession will help me to save for the future.

Delirium
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2011, 10:17 pm

ocdgirl123 wrote:
The band "Great Big Sea". (Here is their website: http://www.greatbigsea.com/) because I really like the music and the band members' are really nice people.

You like Great Big Sea as well? I love you.

Star Feese
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Apr 2016, 4:00 pm

I am obsessed with the South African male choral group Ladysmith Black Mambazo. I love their music, what their purpose to sing is for, (Peace, love, and joy) I listen to them every day. They speak Zulu. I'm learning Zulu, it's fun to learn in my opinion. My most favorite album is Ilembe: Honoring Shaka Zulu. I love how they respond to fans on social media. I went on TweetTunnel (A site made that has options like friends list, seeing old tweets, etc.) and discovered that I'm on their friends list. (How sweet!) They thanked me for congratulating them for winning a Grammy nomination. They also said it was nice of me to tell them how awesome their music is, and how I would love to see them in person. Awesome music group! :heart:

Danae
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2016, 5:43 pm

The X Files because I am an x file. The truth is indeed out there. Nothing important ever happens today.

"Ever since I was a child, I’ve never allowed myself to get too close to people. I’ve avoided emotional attachment. Perhaps I’ve been so afraid of death and dying that any connection just seemed like a bad thing, something that wouldn’t last." Dana Scully - Christmas Carol.

littlecatinthewindow
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2016, 5:20 am

I'm obsessed with music, I've always been obsessed with music. It's always been part of my life, it's always there for me.

I'm also obsessed with the internet and all the things that can be done on it.

And I'm obsessed with TV shows and Films that involve action and/or fantasy. They're mostly superhero movies and shows. I haven't read the comics, but I do like reading information about them online and how they relate to adaptations.

Another obsession I have involves making up characters and stories in my mind. But I have difficulty getting it out into words and pictures.