Could Aspies be more intuitive than regular folks?

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2013, 6:26 pm

I have a good amount of general intellectual-type intuition. I'm not social enough to have "people" intuition.

EXPECIALLY
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2013, 6:31 pm

l think some do. Some have next to none.

As is interesting because Aspies alone exist on their own spectrum, with some seemingly inverted traits.

l'd say the ones who are more intuitive gain the intuition at he cost of living on the outside. But it does't mean it isn't a unique ability, still, not all outsiders are intuitive types at all.

Sometimes having the intuition in the first place is what can set you apart, you understand things about social situations or life in general without being required to experience it like most people have to(and so you have little desire to).

l think you csn be a "dot connecting" type while lacking social intuition. Dot connecting is intuition too, just associative thinking. lf you have little interest in people, the social intuition may not develop.

NTs who DO have more social intuition than l sometimes do, don't always seem to be associative thinking types.

Though l think it's also true that these two things may exist together but are not exactly the same.

HDTV...

Whatever.

Last edited by EXPECIALLY on 15 Feb 2013, 6:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Gazelle
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2013, 6:36 pm

I need inutition when I drive since I have a poor sense of direction. For example, today I decided to try turning a different way than I usually do as I had a "feeling or an intuition" that it would lead to main road and it was a shortcut compared to the usual way I go. I was correct and it was a much easier way to go than the usual route I take. I only went by my feeling that it might be a shorter route. Otherwise sometimes my intuition does seem to crop up and I ignore it and try something anyway such as a new job that I feel like "is this really for me or not?" Oftentimes my gut feeling is correct in that the job was not for me or I was not right for the job. It could the other way I suppose in that I could feel like this job is me and I am so right for this job and then alas it may not be so. :?