Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

JWS
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 May 2011, 4:10 pm

That is, repeating the words you say over and over again? (at least 2 or 3 times)
I can remember back when I was a boy one of my cousins asked me "Why do you keep repeating things you say?" I really didn't know why, and I told her so. Then she said "Can't you stop doing that out loud? It gets irritating! Just try to repeat things in your mind." I tried to take her advice. :tongue:
I usually do that if my mind is on too much at once. I hadn't really thought about doing that 'til I was diagnosed with Asperger's, last month. If I'm under stress I sometimes notice I'm repeating things, again.
Is anyone else doing this, or have you ever done this?...

SuperTrouper
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2011, 4:18 pm

Yeah. Me. It's mostly verbal stimming, though.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

01 May 2011, 4:23 pm

I do the palilalia. If I'm alone, I just tend to repeat the words over and over well after I realize I'm doing it. Talking to someone else, I tend to stop once I notice after the second or third repetition.

Merit
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 May 2011, 4:30 pm

Yes, I've experienced this.

http://push-me-further.blogspot.com/

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

01 May 2011, 4:52 pm

I sometimes sometimes do it it.

AllieKat
Toucan
Toucan

01 May 2011, 4:56 pm

Yes; if I get excited about something or feel really passionate about what I'm saying, I tend to repeat it over and ever again.

Poke
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2011, 5:06 pm

I'm gonna go get the papers...get the papers.

JWS
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 May 2011, 5:48 pm

WOW!! I'm far from alone, aren't I? Aren't I? Aren't I? :wink:

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2011, 6:41 pm

I have palilalia. I didn't even realize I did until a few years ago, when my brother pointed it out to me, but apparently I have had it my whole life. It manifests as involuntarily repeating myself under my breath immediately after I've said something, as well as repeating entire phrases and sentences minutes, hours or days later as though it were the first time I've said it.

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2011, 6:45 pm

I do it, but it's controllable and I usually do it because I like the way something sounds or think it's funny.

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2011, 7:17 pm

Shouldn't the the title of this thread be "Has anyone else had Palilalia? had Pallilalia?"

I used to have that happen more when was younger. I'm not sure why it's lessened. It always seemed like an OCDish thing, but I don't know if there is really a connection to OCD or not.

Random fact: In "Goodfellas" there's a character named "Jimmy two-times," because he says everthing twice.

johnny77
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2011, 7:23 pm

Me too but only when excited or angry. :oops: