Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2011, 4:33 am

Just to remind you: Several months ago Barak Obama green lighted another Navy SEALS operation that lead to the death of several Somalian Pirates in the midst of their piracy. SEAL sharp-shooters took down some of the Somalis with head shots and captured the rest. So Lord Obama has a least two good marks to his credit.

ruveyn

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2011, 5:27 am

Indeed. JSOC has said that they've never had as much freedom to operate as they do under Obama, and that's not even touching drone strikes or other targeted killings (which he's gone to the judicial mat to defend). Obama has shown a real flair for having people whacked, which I suppose is better than invading and occupying whole countries to get to one or a handful of guys. I'm expecting a joke about Chicago politics any second now...

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2011, 11:12 am

Dox47 wrote:
Indeed. JSOC has said that they've never had as much freedom to operate as they do under Obama, and that's not even touching drone strikes or other targeted killings (which he's gone to the judicial mat to defend). Obama has shown a real flair for having people whacked, which I suppose is better than invading and occupying whole countries to get to one or a handful of guys. I'm expecting a joke about Chicago politics any second now...

Obama got his education in Chicago watching people thrown under the bus. Are you happy now?

ruveyn

Lefebvre
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 May 2011, 11:36 am

ruveyn wrote:
Just to remind you: Several months ago Barak Obama green lighted another Navy SEALS operation that lead to the death of several Somalian Pirates in the midst of their piracy. SEAL sharp-shooters took down some of the Somalis with head shots and captured the rest. So Lord Obama has a least two good marks to his credit.

ruveyn

Blackadder (UK comedy) would say: do you remember, these africans, heavily armed with mango fruit.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2011, 12:00 pm

Lefebvre wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

Blackadder (UK comedy) would say: do you remember, these africans, heavily armed with mango fruit.

Those Africans were aboard a boat that was not theirs to be aboard. Death to pirates.

ruveyn

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2011, 12:12 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Lefebvre wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

Those Africans were aboard a boat that was not theirs to be aboard. Death to pirates.

ruveyn

Hey, not every pirate is bad, some, like Captain Morgan, were rather funny when drunk. Speaking to his first officer he said, "we need more pirates on our ships!", but his first officer didn't hear the word "pirates"... So, next morning the captain goes to the wharf to find that his ships have been turned into floating aviaries!

psychohist
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2011, 12:25 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Several months ago Barak Obama green lighted another Navy SEALS operation that lead to the death of several Somalian Pirates in the midst of their piracy.

I don't believe Obama was personally involved in that one. Word on the SEAL grapevine is that Obama had put FBI hostage negotiators in charge, and was upset when he found out the FBI rules for how to engage with criminals allowed the shooting.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

04 May 2011, 12:46 pm

We weren't given credit unless we showed our work.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2011, 7:30 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Hey, not every pirate is bad, some, like Captain Morgan, were rather funny when drunk. Speaking to his first officer he said, "we need more pirates on our ships!", but his first officer didn't hear the word "pirates"... So, next morning the captain goes to the wharf to find that his ships have been turned into floating aviaries!

The Somali pirates are scum. We should burn every boat and ship within five miles of the Somali coastline and up to one mile inland.

ruveyn

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2011, 7:52 pm

ruveyn wrote:
The Somali pirates are scum. We should burn every boat and ship within five miles of the Somali coastline and up to one mile inland.

ruveyn

Would a 100 kiloton nuke 400 feet underwater do the trick?

psychohist
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2011, 9:08 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:

Nukes would do more damage to our ships than to theirs. The lightweight, fast boats the pirates use would just get tossed around a bit, but not sunk.

Changing the rules of engagement to allow individual ship captains to use their discretion in sinking pirate vessels would probably help the most. We also need to admit that some of the mother ships are just not going to be recovered and returned to their original owners, and just sink them instead.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2011, 9:25 pm

I keep telling you people, "adventure cruises" for people who want to shoot pirates. This idea's time has come.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2011, 10:02 pm

Dox47 wrote:
I keep telling you people, "adventure cruises" for people who want to shoot pirates. This idea's time has come.

Privateers and mercenaries used to be legitimate occupations until fairly recently on the timeline. Now such people would be viewed as criminals wholesale.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2011, 1:49 am

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

No. You don't kill Zodiaks that way.

ruveyn

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2011, 7:27 am

Dox47 wrote:

I'm ok with that. The body count is astronomically lower when going the "whacked" route rather than the invasion route.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2011, 12:28 pm

Janissy wrote:
I'm ok with that. The body count is astronomically lower when going the "whacked" route rather than the invasion route.

Me too, it's just surprising coming from this particular president. I do have a real problem with his "I can order US citizens killed with no oversight" position though, even W didn't take executive power that far.