Would you want to date the person who would date you?

Page 1 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

AstroGeek
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2011, 9:10 pm

I can't imagine wanting to date someone else...

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2011, 9:11 pm

more then likely, yes.

Noob
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 May 2011, 10:01 pm

Still thinking about it.... :?:

Hmm...

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2011, 10:03 pm

I have no idea. :lol: I have yet to meet anyone as mentally unsound as me, so it's hard for me to tell.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

07 May 2011, 2:14 am

I forgot that the type of girl who is on my level is about half my age & it would be extremely controversial for me to date em. I would totally be willing to date an adult women who's like a 14year-old but I'm not sure how to find someone like that

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

emuman100
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2011, 1:18 pm

TheBicyclingGuitarist wrote:
Aw heck. If a girl likes you, maybe she's seeing things in you that you have trouble seeing yourself.

Such wise words, my friend. I've always liked your perspective on things.

TheBicyclingGuitarist
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2011, 6:04 pm

emuman100 wrote:
TheBicyclingGuitarist wrote:
Aw heck. If a girl likes you, maybe she's seeing things in you that you have trouble seeing yourself.

Such wise words, my friend. I've always liked your perspective on things.

thank you. I'm glad to be called friend too. I've been called so many other things sometimes not nearly as nice!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2011, 6:18 pm

Hmmm....it would all depend on how
a first "date" goes, but it's hard to tell.

Noob
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 May 2011, 6:22 pm

I'm just going to pretend it was a rhetorical question...

Reindeer
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 May 2011, 6:35 pm

Yes i would like to date someone that would date me :)
But things are hard

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2011, 12:09 am

I guess it boils down to wondering why another guy wouldn't want to date her. Any girl that I'd want to date, in theory, could date lots of guys "better" than me. If she's dating me instead of them, what's wrong with her?

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2011, 12:13 am

Bataar wrote:
I guess it boils down to wondering why another guy wouldn't want to date her. Any girl that I'd want to date, in theory, could date lots of guys "better" than me. If she's dating me instead of them, what's wrong with her?

Good question. :lol: Such is one of the greatest mysteries of life.

MrLoony
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2011, 3:49 am

Bataar wrote:

Define "better."

Many people don't seem to come to this realization in their lives, but here's something everyone should know:

Those things within you that you see as flaws may be the most wonderful thing to another.

Those guys that you think of as better may be the bottom of the barrel to her. You may very well be all she ever wants in life.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2011, 6:20 am

bucephalus wrote:
I can't beleive that no girl wants him for a second. Opportunities are always flying around, it's just a case of identifying them and capitalizing yeah?

2010Dolby wrote:
exactly bucephalus. just gotta pay attention to the girls' subtle cues so you know if you got the green light. and if you dont have a green light, make one happen lol

If there are countless opportunities out there, how come I don't see any proof of that?

oddness
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 May 2011, 12:37 pm

I would prefer to think that a girl that likes you maybe sees in you something that you dont, or something more realted to her upbringing rather than heer mental health. For example her father was autistic so she feels that she knows how to converse with a man who is autistic better than she knows how to speak to an NT man. This would not be a flaw in her it would be a special talent that you should be grateful she has.

But still I agree that if you dont feel attracted to the other person after you have got to know them then maybe you should let them down gently and look for someone who you are attracted to who is also attracted to you. Because if not you may start to resent them and think I have put on hold my search for someone Im deeply attracted to because I had decided I would have to compromise but now I think I could do better.

hpcrowley
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Jun 2011, 1:24 pm

Bataar wrote:

I've had that mindset before, and believe me, it is sooo poisonous! Everyone is flawed; some flaws are just more noticable than others. The trick is lucking into an aquaintence with an available women who's flaws work with yours. If you meet someone, try it out, and it doesnt work, just embrace the good times and move on.