Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2011, 4:13 am

How do you cope when there are children involved. I am so pissed off at everything my ex does and it just seems to get worse everytime i see him.

What coping mechanism's do you have in place to deal with the bollocks they turn out?

So I'm never in a rush

peterd
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2011, 3:51 am

Sometimes there's nothing that can be done. The mother of my children had to try to kill me before she eventually persuaded my shrink to separate us.

Well, in my defence, I didn't know what autism was... And both of our children seemed to survive. The autistic one is still a bit behind things, but he's doing ok

Sowlowsolo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 May 2011, 9:53 am

Solvejg wrote:
How do you cope when there are children involved. I am so pissed off at everything my ex does and it just seems to get worse everytime i see him.

What coping mechanism's do you have in place to deal with the bollocks they turn out?

Are you pissed off with what he does involving your children or just pissed off with what he does in general?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2011, 7:19 pm

The way that the ex and her wealthy boyfriend (and his lawyers) arranged things, I could either seek employment out-of-state or risk arrest on a series of trumped-up charges ranging from simple assault to attempted murder. They had even lined up (e.g., paid for) a string of "witnesses" to corroborate whatever story my ex-wife came up with.

So I joined the military. Their investigations cleared me of any potential charge that the ex had threatened to bring against me, and even gave me a security clearance that allowed me access to their records! Of course, I never abused this privilege ...

Well, maybe once ... or twice ... :wink:

The point is, I turned the tables against them, got them off my back, and even let them know every now and then that "someone" was keeping an eye on them.

My kids turned out fine, and were even surprised at how much I knew about what their mom and her husband were doing with the various "business deals" they were running.

:twisted:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

liloleme
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2011, 8:27 am

I was so happy when my youngest (from my X) turned 18....I never have to talk to that jerk again. He was abusive to begin with and I had three kids with him....I was only 19 when I got married and did not find out I was an Aspie until a few years ago when It was pointed out by my REAL husband.

I wish there was some magic word or idea but the only thing you can do is grin and bear it for your kids, unless of course he is threatening you in some way. What I did was pack up my kids and move about 1000 miles away from him, that helped a lot :)!

Do you share custody? My X didnt want his kids, he was good at sending the child support but then again my Dad knew his boss very well so I had leverage.

dossa
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2011, 9:42 am

Sowlowsolo wrote:
Solvejg wrote:

Are you pissed off with what he does involving your children or just pissed off with what he does in general?

^ That... It is difficult to respond because I do not know what he is doing.