Page 3 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

JohnyJohn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 May 2011, 11:50 pm

I never tried alkaline water but i want.Anyway i drink lots of water a day,maybe 8-9 liters,especially i drink 2 liters when i get out of the bathroom,i get hydrated.

ScientistOfSound
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2011, 2:15 am

I only drink brita filtered water. I think that tapwater tastes too metallic. However, filtered, bottled, and spring water, hell yeah!

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2011, 2:52 am

ScientistOfSound wrote:
I only drink brita filtered water. I think that tapwater tastes too metallic. However, filtered, bottled, and spring water, hell yeah!

The Brita filtered water causes my throat to feel scratchy.

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2011, 9:20 am

Bottled water and tap water pretty much tastes the same where I come from. I don't actually drink bottled water that much, I'm not really supposed to.

draelynn
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2011, 9:50 am

JohnyJohn wrote:
I never tried alkaline water but i want. Anyway I drink lots of water a day,maybe 8-9 liters,especially i drink 2 liters when i get out of the bathroom,i get hydrated.

8O Wow! That's ALOT of water. There is something called water intoxication. You can drink too much water - so much that it dilutes the balance of electrolytes in your blood stream and can cause, what looks like, drunkeness. It's serious. You can die from it. Idid this to myself accidentally one summer with about half that quantity of water and it's no joke. Careful!! !

Ellytoad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 May 2011, 10:14 am

I'll just say that lemon juice is a godsend. Without it, I get my liquids exclusively from watery foods and flavored beverages.

JohnyJohn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 May 2011, 11:58 am

draelynn wrote:
JohnyJohn wrote:
I never tried alkaline water but i want. Anyway I drink lots of water a day,maybe 8-9 liters,especially i drink 2 liters when i get out of the bathroom,i get hydrated.

8O Wow! That's ALOT of water. There is something called water intoxication. You can drink too much water - so much that it dilutes the balance of electrolytes in your blood stream and can cause, what looks like, drunkeness. It's serious. You can die from it. Idid this to myself accidentally one summer with about half that quantity of water and it's no joke. Careful!! !

Well i have read at a newspaper one time that someone drunk 2 liters of water at one time and died.But isn't drinking lots of water,especially alkaline,not at one time,good?The reason it's because i chain smoke lot's of mini cigars and when i get dehydrated from the shower.Many are impressed and can't believe how much water i am drinking.

Bluefins
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2011, 1:48 pm

I like it. The water here is said to be good, though. I think location matters more than the fact that it is water.

tomboy4good
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2011, 2:05 pm

It depends upon where the tap water comes from. For example, where I live, I have to filter out the chlorine in the water because it's too strong & tastes horrible. I can also smell it....nasty stuff! Some places have great tap water, some have water so polluted you wouldn't want to drink it.

I only drink mine if it's been filtered. I like Arrowhead's bottled water better than Sparkett's. Tried both, & Sparlett's doesn't taste nearly as good. My opinion only...I'm sure plenty of people like it.

Aspie Score: 173/200, NT score 31/200: very likely an Aspie
5/18/11: New Aspie test: 72/72
DX: Anxiety plus ADHD/Aspergers: inconclusive

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2011, 3:11 pm

Drink mix.

That's what I use. No calories.

Plain water makes me gag.

to his Interest."

brianmat
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Jun 2011, 12:23 am

The best information on Alkalife Alkaline water ionizers is found at healthy(dot)biomat(dot)com/products/alkal-life-water-system/ I love my alkalife, and after hearing from my MD how there is lots of mercury in the water in my city I love knowing I am drinking purified and alkaline water

FunkyDarkKnight
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Jun 2011, 3:48 am

I prefer water without flavour, because then I can just drink it with no worries and I feel better having the occasional glass of water. I don't like some kinds of tap water, it has a chalky taste to it that bothers me when I drink it, makes me feel as if there's something else in there...

Swordfish210
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jun 2011, 4:01 am

yes, I don't like water. I just don't like the taste, and most people then think I'm an idiot, cause "water doesn't taste like anything". Yes it does, it tastes like water and I DO NOT LIKE IT. (Sorry, I get frustrated with those people.)

Sherlock Holmes in The Sign Of Four (1890), ch. 6

arisu
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Jun 2011, 5:30 am

i would generally say that i hate water because the exceptions have been few and far between. i can tolerate new york city tap water (which comes to us courtesy of protected streams in upstate new york) since i've been drinking it all my life. if there was one water i would say i actually like, it'd be dasani. i think it's something to do with the magnesium sulfate they add since i don't think the water comes from any special source.

i'm a big tea drinker. or rather i drink tea to avoid drinking just water. i also guzzle juice when it's around. truthfully though, i don't drink much. i basically live in a state of perpetual dehydration. drinking too much makes me feel ill since i've never really drank a normal amount in my whole life. i figure it's also why i can't tolerate salt very well. can't have too much of one without the other.

Madbones
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2011, 7:02 pm

Honestly... Your not alone.
I hate the taste of water.
The after taste too.
I have to have favored juice.
I cannot stand the way it "tastes"

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2011, 7:08 pm

Water tastes absolutely disgusting to me. If I add something that masks the flavor it works though. I tend to either have lots of lemonade or lately we've discovered adding peppermint oil makes it such that I can drink water without it tasting bad. It instead tastes very strongly of peppermint :)