Page 2 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2011, 11:16 am

It depends.

Up here where we have really good water, sometimes even then I'll hate the taste of it, but this is usually due to side effects from medication.

I HATE chlorinated tap water. I also dislike the taste of hard water.

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

10 May 2011, 11:17 am

Happily, I don't dislike the taste, although I think I understand what you mean about the taste being unexplainable. I guess it's not really a taste, but the lack thereof; causing a weird sensation in the mouth. But I do hate the SMELL of some tap water, and won't drink the tap water at our place in SoCal. It smells like diesel fuel and dead fish, and comes from a county well. We have 30 gallons of drinking water delivered every two weeks. But while we're in Dallas, the water is great, and I don't need any drinking water delivery.

I drink more water than anyone could imagine... Literally 10 litres a day in the summer, and 5 or 6 in the winter. Not exaggerating. That's due to a medical problem (hypoaldosteronism) I have, and I crave water 24 hours a day. The down side is that I go to the bathroom every 15 minutes during the day (again, that's literally), except at night I can wait 4 hours.

Charles

Grete
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2011, 1:00 pm

I like water. Especially nice and fresh spring or well water.
However, I sometimes add fruit syrup (when I have sweet cravings) or lemon juice to it.

identity
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2011, 1:36 pm

Nope, I like it and other than a cup of tea in the morning that's all I drink! I am drinking it now :lol:
I know what people mean about the differing tastes in different areas though; I prefer the taste of hard water I think but that's just what I am used to.

Morgana
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2011, 5:15 pm

This thread is interesting.....mostly because when I was a kid, I absolutely abhorred the taste of water! My mother used to be very irritated by this; if I told her I was thirsty, she´d say "drink some water", and if I said "I don´t want water", then she´d say "then you´re not really thirsty"! Therefore, I think I was constantly dehydrated as a child. Based on people´s reactions, I assumed I was the only person in the world who didn´t like water, so I´m surprised that so many people don´t like the taste!- (or lack of taste: I think that´s what I don´t like about it).

As an adult, I can stand to drink water, but I pretty much only like fizzy water, for some reason. But I´m very picky about what brand, because I don´t like the ones that taste a little salty. I prefer brands like Perrier, which don´t taste salty to me.

Yes, I´m still so picky about everything...... :wink:

inconelx
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 May 2011, 5:44 pm

I too hate water, and will only drink it out of desperation....

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2011, 6:02 pm

I distill my water. Removes the taste.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2011, 6:16 pm

Water with too much calcium in it has that weird, fuzzy aftertaste.

SilverSolace
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 May 2011, 10:24 am

I have an early-ish memory of my parents trying to get me to drink water. "Pretend you are in a desert, and there is nothing else around," I remember them saying. I refused to drink the water. Then, we did not have cold or filtered water. Water that has been chilled loses some of its flavor, and allows me to drink it when I am thirsty. I have filtered and chilled water now, but it is still difficult to drink. After having a major issue with dehydration that had been building over the years, I find barely enough motivation to drink enough to function properly again. The taste is unbearable.

Bottled water is flavored by the bottle, tap water is flavored by... yuck... and filtered water still can't get all of it out.

I RECOMMEND: Fiji water. It's expensive, comparatively, but (At least to me and a few others) It has NO FLAVOR! I feel like I am drinking from a magical spring.

ALSO, the tap water in New Jersey (At least in the area I stayed at) is rather delicious. It has an ALMOST sweet flavor to it, at least compared to the tap water I am used to.

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 7:27 pm

I hate the taste of water. Our tap water is very clean, so that's probably not the issue. It just has this "odd" taste to it. I refuse to drink bottled water 95% percent of the time, and I don't really think it tastes any better. I am OK drinking it if it's cold, for some reason, warm water tastes worse than cold water.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 7:30 pm

There's this new Mio water enhancer that looks like it might be okay though I haven't tried it. It comes in a little container, small enough to fit in a purse or a large pocket. It costs close to four bucks for one small container, which is the downside. That's why I didn't get it. I got a big bottle of Ocean Spray Diet Cranberry Juice for the exact same price!

abyssquick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 May 2011, 8:44 pm

I can stomach anything, but I always add lemon juice or fruit juices to water, to get mildly flavored water (or tea). I don't like the 'treated water' taste.

Nim
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 9:10 pm

Depending on the type of water I enjoy it more or less. Such as in Spain - they only drank mineral water, and had flowing springs of drinkable water that ran from the mountains, through the town in fountains and streams. I was basically in heaven. Your mineral/spring/artesian will have more minerals and taste better, where as your tap will taste more like chemicals and a bit on the heavy side. Your distilled and purified water will taste very bitter in flavor... it usually gives me a headache thinking about it.

If I have to drink distilled or purified, or drinking water - then yes, I hate the taste of water.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 9:31 pm

I like water if it is good.....water in large towns or cities is not something I really enjoy.

Xinro
Raven
Raven

30 May 2011, 10:22 pm

I dislike the taste of water overall and always have, but it's been made worse recently through a little psychological trick called the Garcia effect. When I was really sick with Lyme disease last summer, I was on a nasty nasty medication called Doxycycline. I had to take it without food and with a large glass of water. It made me incredibly sick to my stomach, to the point I was curled up on my floor in pain, barely able to move without needing to throw up. I started associating that feeling with drinking water and now taking more than a few swallows when I'm really thirsty does make me feel ill.

JohnyJohn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 May 2011, 11:50 pm

I never tried alkaline water but i want.Anyway i drink lots of water a day,maybe 8-9 liters,especially i drink 2 liters when i get out of the bathroom,i get hydrated.