Page 1 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

08 May 2011, 4:54 pm

I hate the way water tastes....it has an unexplainble taste that just bothers me. I need to drink water but end up drinking juice, milk, almond milk...all which are caloretic. Water is free of calories but I dont like it at all. What about you??? Is this a sensitivity thing??

Jojo

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2011, 4:57 pm

Speaking mainly about tap water, some water tastes slightly different than others, and it is hard to explain.
Some I like, some I'm not too keen on.

gen-ph
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 May 2011, 4:58 pm

Flavoured/Mineral water has been a heavenly thing for me. I hate water unless I've been running for a few miles/there's nothing else around.

Mine is a more of "I hate the taste" thing, not a sensitivity thing. Then again, I know a friend of mine who hates plain water as well, so I'm more likely to attribute it to a hate of taste- like my hatred of cakes/pastries. I'm not sure if it's a sensitivity thing for some people on the autistic spectrum.

AQ// 41 out of 50
Aspie Quiz// AS: 168/200 NT: 46/200

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2011, 4:58 pm

it might be a sensitivity thing, but the taste of water also differs from where you live.
around my area, we have (one of) the best tapwater(s) of europe, and i kind of like the taste; i chug away some 3 liters of the stuff per day...

also, i myself cannot drink milk; processed milk in foods is fine (also yoghurts and ice and the like), but the basic 'milk' i cannot take; it has to be pasturised for me to be able to digest it, but that is a taste I dont like...

Amik
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2011, 5:02 pm

I hate the taste of most water, but the water in a few places tastes fine though.

I really hate tap water in my hometown for example, but I like the tap water at work and at my sister's.

I hate most types of bottled water. There are only very rare exceptions to that.

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2011, 5:03 pm

I hate the taste of my tap water...poor area, tastes full of chemicals as well as god knows what else is probably leeching in from the pipes. Water in general I'm okay with, but tap water in general is one to avoid wherever possible anyway.

Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2011, 5:06 pm

I hate the taste of plain tap water where I live. My solution is to flavor it with Crystal Light. It's kind of expensive, but so worth it to keep myself hydrated!

Thebigrage
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 May 2011, 5:11 pm

I hate plain tap water it just tastes funky but my house has a water filter which I like and I drink only water now with everything I eat, for some reason unknown to me I think it enhances the flavor of most of the things I eat.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 May 2011, 5:16 pm

I like the taste of water that has been filtered and put through reverse osmosis. The water in my town tastes and smells awful, because it has way too much chlorine. Otherwise, I like drinking water generally.

emmyblowgun
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 May 2011, 5:17 pm

I don't like the taste of water. I drink iced tea instead. I don't usually drink anything but tea. I don't use sugar when I make it, so it doesn't have any calories.

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2011, 5:29 pm

At my old house, I couldn't stand the taste of the water. It was nasty, nasty stuff. Our current tap water is fine though. Honestly, plenty of the bottled spring water tastes nasty too. I used to buy distilled water in gallon jugs. That water doesn't have a taste.

dossa
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2011, 5:31 pm

I actually like the taste of my tap water. It is kind of sweet. I like it.

Trencher93
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 May 2011, 5:33 pm

Water doesn't have a taste to me, it tastes like whatever container it is in, like a plastic bottle. (Or whatever bad taste I have in my mouth, like pollen.) I prefer something like Gatorade that has a flavor.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

08 May 2011, 5:35 pm

Water seems to have regional flavors. I really really hate the taste of tapwater in the Bay Area - Sacramento area, for example, but I am okay with the tap water (which comes from a well) where I live.

Bottled water can be highly variable, but I gave up drinking things from plastic bottles for the most part.

markitzero
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2011, 6:14 pm

I hate the water depending on the Processing plant for the water, I like the Taste of water up in the High Desert were I live here in Phelan, CA

I am the same way with milk I can taste the different taste in Milk from different Providers.

Dots
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2011, 6:21 pm

I hate the taste of most tap water, but I can handle bottled water. I've tried getting those pitchers that filter water so I could filter my tap water but I still hate the taste of it.

Free speech means the right to shout 'theatre' in a crowded fire.
--Abbie Hoffman