Page 4 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Roman
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 11:24 pm

cubedemon6073 wrote:
Ask your husband these things.

1. Do the majority of people accept the way the world works?

2. If the answer is yes to 1 then couldn't it be possible that the world is the way it is because the majority accepts it as is and the majority feels hopeless to change it?

3. Ask him this as well. Couldn't it be possible that the majority accepting the way the world is and the hopelessness felt by the majority is the cause of why the world is the way it is?

4. Ask him is the majority happy with the way things are done? If yes, I ask why are they happy? If no, then I ask why don't they want to change it then if they are truly unhappy with present conditions?

We seem to have a chicken or the egg problem here.

Come to think of it he may agree with my logic but he may see the futility of it. One of my conclusions that I have come to is most people do not want to think. The parents who have remained on here more than likely does not mind doing some thinking.

When I read these questions I can't help but to think that NO ONE will say they are happy with the way world works unless they are completely ignorant. The "world" includes Islamic terrorists; few decades ago it included Nazis and communists; and the list goes on and on.

Roman
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 11:35 pm

draelynn wrote:
In the meantime - while that seeming impossiblity works its magic - we need to learn how to work with the rigid, fixed thinking of those around us. And I very much do believe that is the case even though those with AS are considered the 'fixed' thinkers.

Could it be that both AS and NT-s are "fixed thinkers" to the same extend. The only difference is that members of minority are the only ones who are asked to change; thus, the "fixed thinking" of the minority is the only thing that is being noticed. Perhaps if in a different planet the majority are aspies, then "fixed thinking" would be considered a trait of NT-s in that planet.