JAMES DURBIN OUT OF AMERICAN IDOL???! !!

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

ttqs84
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 May 2011, 12:52 pm

This is bulls--t!! !! bar none! I wanted him to be in the finale! Prejudice is still at large on AI! Just like when Adam Lambert didn't win 2 seasons ago 'cos he is gay. Now it's James who got the boot 'cos he's got Tourette's and Asperger's??! ! That's it! I'm done with this show! Both Adam and James are way better than those mediocre contestants anyway. None of them have the personality and vocal chops like Adam and James do!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2011, 1:02 pm

You said it!
Theres no longer any reason to live... or atleast any reason to watch AI anymore.

Actually I got the sense that all three judges actually favored him. Jaylo was crying.
But apparently the public voted for the country guy.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2011, 1:55 pm

I can't say if he deserved it or not.

I don't watch AI so I can't say how talented he was against his competitors when he was eliminated.

Frankly, other than the spotlight, eliminating him might have been the best thing they could have done. I hear being #1 comes with some serious legal baggage that makes being rejected when near the top a better career move.

He got his 15 minutes, and I'm confident that people will be calling him and taking him seriously as an artist from what exposure he's gotten. It's not a bad thing in my eyes.

RaceDrv709
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2011, 3:08 pm

Shows like these are rigged. I even think America's Got talent is rigged. maybe I should go on that show and see for myself as I can play my trumpet OR I can put both legs behind my head.

schleppenheimer
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2011, 3:48 pm

I hadn't watched AI for a long time (don't really care for the show) but I watched one day this week (not Thursday, when James got kicked off) and I was amazed at how good he was. I thought he was spectacular, and from what I've read online, the judges thought he was spectacular as well.

I get the real impression that the southern part of the country really watches this show and that's the population that votes -- just look at how many country artists have won. It's really frustrating.

I do believe that James is talented enough -- truly talented -- that he may get his shot. The guy could not only sing, but he could move, dance, entertain -- he was really fantastic. May he be able to do more!! !

Redrocket
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 May 2011, 5:47 pm

I was really upset that James was voted off American Idol. James was one of the only reasons that I watched American Idol this season. James was a real inspiration, a great singer and good performer overall. One of the other things that I liked about James was his love for Rock and Metal. I really give him credit for what he did during the last few months, I know (even if I was a good singer and performer) that I could of never did what he has done.

James reminds of me of another favorite American Idol, Adam Lambert. Even though there are differences between the two, there are a number of similarities also.

tep
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 May 2011, 8:04 pm

I don't think James was voted off because he has Tourette's and Asperger's. The public just voted more for the other contestants. It was just his time to go. I was really impresed with his cover of 'You've Got Another Thing Comin' by Judas Priest earlier in the season! I really enjoyed all of James' performances and I hope he has a succesful recording career.