Apparently the average person breaks the law 26 times a year

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Ackman
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 3:17 pm

League_Girl wrote:
I am not sure. I know I break some minor ones like going a few miles above the speed limit but I try and go the speed limit. It's always unintentional.

I do jay walk if there are no cars coming because I can't be bothered to walk a few blocks down for a cross walk. But if the road is really busy, forget it. I will use the cross walk.

I once drove without car insurance in 2010 because my dad had canceled it and never told me so I had went without it for a few days. Also unintentional and then it was intentional because he had told me and I had no choice because I had to use my car.

I once drove with expired license plates because that was also unintentional. I forgot all about it and then saw the date on them and realized that month was over. So I had to call my dad to send me renewal stickers. This was also in 2010. Then I got Oregon license plates two months later when my dad signed the car over to me so it's under my name now.

I've done that. It's a non moving violation, which means no points will be put on your license.

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 4:02 pm

People are generally suspicious of me, but I don't normally go out of my way to break any laws, except for the really stupid ones.

takeapart
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 May 2011, 4:57 pm

nick007 wrote:
takeapart wrote:
My car is off the road for the last month, it's nice not to worry about speeding camera fines coming through the letter box.

People breaking the Law = $$ , the government thanks you and wants you to keep breaking the laws!! Just the small ones that is. :lol:

Breaking laws cost the government money. Cops are on the clock when they issue tickets & not everyone pays the tickets they are given. Some go to court to fight em & court cost cost money

Funny as an average citizen, I thought the fines paid made profits, I'm curious now to find out the pie chart breakdown of costs\money, Lawers etc... this may take some time to find. :)