Autism and Duane's Syndrome

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Gambeli
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 May 2011, 10:01 pm

How many of you with Duane's Syndrome have Autism (specifically Asperger's) as a co-morbid? Raise your virtual hands, please.
Have you had neurological testing? A brain scan? What results have you been presented?

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 5:53 am

I don't have it (had to look it up) but it seems it's quite commonly mixed with ASD:

Quote:
Duane syndrome can be associated with extraocular problems (so-called "Duane's Plus"), including cervical spine abnormalities (Klippel-Feil syndrome), Goldenhar syndrome, autism, heterochromia, and thalidomide-induced embryopathy.

(from Wikipedia)

Moog
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

15 May 2011, 6:10 am

Interesting, my brother has (or had) Duane's Syndrome.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 6:13 am

I had Amblyopia which is connected and shows up a lot in people with ASD'S. Amblyopia is neurological in origin.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In a quiet and peaceful garden, where gentle Mick Avory-like Sweet Peas grow.

15 May 2011, 9:30 am

I went to high school with a boy who had Duane's Syndrome. He was always getting laser surgery done on one of his eyes.

The darling, unworldly Mick Avory with hands like shovels, who wouldn't dare choose to hurt a soul: I'm the cuddly, adorable Kink. Sweet Peas: http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j37/C ... 20Smileys/ Blog: http://ramblingsofasuccessfula

pipe
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Nov 2011, 2:54 pm

OK yes my daughter has, all yours features: Duane Syndrome, 6nerve palsy, Aspergers.

flambo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Dec 2012, 5:07 pm

I know this is an old post, but my son is 22 months and was dx with Duane's at 5 months and is now 22 months and is on the Autism spectrum.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]