Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2011, 10:43 pm

cdfox:

gestalt therapy and neurolinguistic programming I know something about, having read a bit and seen them in action. The others are blank to me, but the list - AS gestalt[!] gives me some perspective. Very far from ehat I do, but Ling and Anthro and Biology are like China - you can go a very long way from one place to another and still be on the map.

cdfox7
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2011, 11:52 pm

Philologos wrote:
cdfox:

gestalt therapy and neurolinguistic programming I know something about, having read a bit and seen them in action. The others are blank to me, but the list - AS gestalt[!] gives me some perspective. Very far from ehat I do, but Ling and Anthro and Biology are like China - you can go a very long way from one place to another and still be on the map.

Starting points on journeys do change directions in all walks of subjects. Brief therapy is outcome focused it cuts the counter productive crap of therapy. Ericksonian hypnotherapy plays a role in NLP just as much as Gestalt dones. Person-centred therapy is based on the work of Carl Rogers its a good foundation of therapy. Both Cognitive behavioral therapy (Scientific-logical approach, which I use sometimes) works well & complements Gestalt. Thats my toolkit, using the right tools is an art in its self & has a lot to do with each individual's current perspective in life.