I am not sure if I have Asperger's Syndrome or not

Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Ryuzaki21
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jun 2011, 7:31 am

Thank you so much for taking the time to get back to me. I had an in-depth discussion with a new doctor (a neuro-psychiatrist) and apparently I do not have Asperger's. Nothing from my body language, my thought process indicates that I have Asperger's. I am not entirely sure of the validity of Myers Briggs personality types but I am an INTP and apparently that personality type shares many similarities with Asperger's but it is not the same thing.......I am creative, capable of lateral thinking, multi-tasking, lack repetition in body movement and my motor movements seem fine so I have to rule it out. I guess I am just a freak.

Cassia
Toucan
Toucan

02 Jun 2011, 10:18 am

Ryuzaki21 wrote:
Thank you so much for taking the time to get back to me. I had an in-depth discussion with a new doctor (a neuro-psychiatrist) and apparently I do not have Asperger's. Nothing from my body language, my thought process indicates that I have Asperger's. I am not entirely sure of the validity of Myers Briggs personality types but I am an INTP and apparently that personality type shares many similarities with Asperger's but it is not the same thing.......I am creative, capable of lateral thinking, multi-tasking, lack repetition in body movement and my motor movements seem fine so I have to rule it out. I guess I am just a freak.

Feel free to hang around WrongPlanet anyways - even if you don't have Asperger's, but do have "many similarities with Asperger's" for other reasons, you might find it worthwhile to stay around, because there are likely to be people here who understand those aspects of you.

And one attitude you will find often around WrongPlanet is that there's nothing wrong with being weird or different. Even if you're weird or different for non-AS reasons, you might find it refreshing to have a place where people think there's nothing wrong with being weird or different.

Now convinced that I'm a bit autistic, but still unsure if I'd qualify for a diagnosis, since it causes me few problems. Apparently people who are familiar with the autism spectrum can readily spot that I'm a bit autistic, though.

Wooster
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jun 2011, 5:53 pm

I didn't realise there was a relationship between that personality type classification and AS!!

I did the full type test when I was about 17 and was INTJ...