Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

20 May 2011, 1:37 pm

about 12 weeks ago, a couple girls moved into one of the apartments in my building, right above me. They are both 18 I think and gradated from high school a year ago. I found one of them on facebook and friend requested her a couple weeks after she moved in. She found my status update where I said I had new neighbors (them) and "liked" it. I then also friend requested her roommate but she ignored my request. It wasn't until about a month after they moved in that I actually bumped into the one the I friended and got to say hi to her. They have very active social lives and are always coming and going. There is also a couple guys that show up in a pickup truck and are here quite often, sometime for the night. My neighbors best friend also friended me last month. Seeing them together all the time makes me lonely. The same goes for any friendship between girls and non-heterosexual guys that I observe. How do these things happen? I've always wanted to experience something like it but don't know how such a thing would come about. I'm 35 but feel much younger. When I was a teenager I felt the same way, and was more disadvantaged back then pre-internet and cellphones. I've lived on my own in my apartment for 10 years and only once has a friend been in my apartment, last spring to help me with a cell phone issue. We were friends from work, but we're no longer friends, because of an aspie related issue. I wish I had some girls that I could have a social life with.

Xayah
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 May 2011, 4:45 pm

As far as I can tell, the main ingredient is alot of time.

These people will be spending alot of time around each other - the girls may be collegues or studying together. Close relationships like this come from people being around each other constantly or talking over the phone and such. I don't know about you, but I don't have alot of relationships like these because, well, I rather dislike spending alot of time with people :oops:

If you want more friends, join a sports club or art class or something else you are interested in learning. Spending more time with others wit similar interests to you will give you plenty of opportunities for conversation. But don't be impatient! The essense, once again, is time - friendships come naturally if you let them!

ps, dont take that girl ignoring your friend request personally its possible that a) she didn't recognise you from your profile pic/name, or b) she doesn't like to friend people she doesn't know very well