22 May 2011, 9:37 am

Shaming language aside,
I am an "Islamophobe",
as should be anyone with any sense.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2011, 11:14 am

People that scream "Islamophobia" are a threat to society. Not all Muslims are automatically a problem, but these so-called "tolerant" people try to stifle any discussion about any problems that the more conservative and militant forms of Islam tend to breed- ranging anywhere from demanding rude double standards in their treatment by society to causing severe threats to national security. I guess it's easy to be "tolerant" when all you have to do is view the world with you head up your a**.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2011, 11:28 am

ValentineWiggin wrote:
Shaming language aside,
I am an "Islamophobe",
as should be anyone with any sense.

As am I. But I do not consider fear of Islam (the religion) an irrational fear at all. We have seen how it can turn normal people into killers.

ruveyn

dionysian
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2011, 12:36 pm

Hilarious wingnuttery. They're taking over!

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2011, 1:33 pm

He made a call to moderate Muslims to call CAIR out, sounds like a good idea although I'm not sure how accessible CAIR is even to its constituents.

We do have some strong moderate Muslims in the US even who will make TV appearances often and say mainly the same things that Pat is about the radicals, hopefully they have a lot more people behind them.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2011, 1:51 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
He made a call to moderate Muslims to call CAIR out, sounds like a good idea although I'm not sure how accessible CAIR is even to its constituents.

We do have some strong moderate Muslims in the US even who will make TV appearances often and say mainly the same things that Pat is about the radicals, hopefully they have a lot more people behind them.

That's the thing - you have some ex-Muslims who are extremely caustic about their former religion. Look them up.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2011, 3:14 pm

*Hopefully* you guy's will have similar luck one of these days.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2011, 3:40 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:

All 23 of them. If you were to hold your breath for the Million American Muslim March Against Terrorism you would turn blue and die.

And do not wait for the Muslim March against Sharia in America. It is not going to happen.

ruveyn

YourMother
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2011, 8:37 pm

Pat Condell. Facepalm.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2011, 8:43 pm

ruveyn wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:

All 23 of them. If you were to hold your breath for the Million American Muslim March Against Terrorism you would turn blue and die.

And do not wait for the Muslim March against Sharia in America. It is not going to happen.

ruveyn

I can think of maybe four who are of public figure status but yeah, 23 majors would be a long shot. I'm sure there likely are many mosques who are very anti, just that I would have to wonder what the stakes are, Mecca technically being Rome, and whether their willing to have people sweep in on them calling them apostates. Its a sad fact that good people are usually less equipped for that kind of row than those who aren't quite so good but, you'd hope they've got a Dirty Harry or Steven Segal somewhere in the bunch who's got it covered.