Is it true some aspies are homicidal?

Page 5 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

ThomasL
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 May 2011, 2:38 pm

I think our entire way of thinking about crime is deeply flawed.

The vast majority of people are never going to murder anyone, no matter how much they think about it or feel like it.

Thus, those who do are by definition abnormal. And since we still have no idea why some people murder, we really have no right to judge.

So in my opinion, punishment should not be the goal. And this would include being incarcerated in an American prison (so inhuman that many Western countries refuse to extradite criminals to the US, citing cruel and unusual punishment).

I agree with segregating violent criminals from the general population, so as to prevent anyone else from being victimized. But the prison should be very humane, and prisoners should be protected from each other.

We would all be much better off focusing on prevention of crimes and studying convicted criminals to advance our understanding of why some people commit crimes, so we can better prevent them in the future.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 2:50 pm

ThomasL wrote:
I think our entire way of thinking about crime is deeply flawed.

The vast majority of people are never going to murder anyone, no matter how much they think about it or feel like it.

Thus, those who do are by definition abnormal. And since we still have no idea why some people murder, we really have no right to judge.

So in my opinion, punishment should not be the goal. And this would include being incarcerated in an American prison (so inhuman that many Western countries refuse to extradite criminals to the US, citing cruel and unusual punishment).

I agree with segregating violent criminals from the general population, so as to prevent anyone else from being victimized. But the prison should be very humane, and prisoners should be protected from each other.

We would all be much better off focusing on prevention of crimes and studying convicted criminals to advance our understanding of why some people commit crimes, so we can better prevent them in the future.

I think prison is where some deserve to be.....without protection from each other. But not mentally ill people that could possibly suffer worsening symptoms and lack of treatment.

Carotene
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 May 2011, 6:33 am

Some people are just homicidal. Anyone who is bullied and picked on could become homicidal, regardless of whether or not they're NT or an Aspergian.

Anyone can become homicidal, for that matter, regardless of what happens in their life. I don't think there's a correlation between Asperger's and homicidal thoughts, though. On a case by case matter, maybe, but certainly not a majority...

And about the Columbine killers and VT, that's totally different. Anyone who is picked on can become introverted. They're a forced-introvert. Sure, they may be Aspergian, schizophrenic, or what have you, but it's just as possible that they're just a NT person pushed to the edge.

donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2011, 5:36 am

im sure SOME are. i have had thoughts but they're mostly OCD thoughts and un-wanted or brought on by extreme stress, I hate violence of all kinds.