Girls boast about male promiscuity....

Page 1 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 11:48 am

Moog wrote:
I don't know what causes the discrepancy. Maybe it's something to do with burden. Traditionally speaking, a man can easily impregnate a woman or 12 and then bugger off. The women and their families will have to look after the offspring, so they want that offspring to be of 'high quality'.

Just a wild speculation.

Families do seem rather proud of their female daughters if they a) get married b) to someone of high status (good genes) and c) stability

mv wrote:
I think it all boils down to basic one-upsmanship, dick-measuring (yes, even for the proud mothers of these players). It doesn't matter what the activity/possession is, as long as it's considered to increase (actual or perceived) status, then a competitive parent will mention it to other competitive parents. My children are very young, and I already see this kind of behavior from other parents (um, not about sex, of course)...

As with expensive material possessions or prestigious education or occupations, "sexual conquest" is another way of saying, "My child is inherently better, has made all the right choices, has more options in life." Not to mention it gives the parent a pat on the back for raising such a paragon of success...

ahhh ok. thanks for the clarification - i think both of these points make a lot of sense. funny but i think i was happier not knowing lol.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 11:57 am

If this is common here, and common in Canada, two civilizations that have little in common in term of location,culture, ethnicity and history, then the root cause of this discrepancy is most likely genetic-based.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 25 May 2011, 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 12:08 pm

I've never noticed this. I'll have to pay closer attention the next time a girl talks about a guy shagging a bunch of chicks.

I always assumed it was disgust, but I do tend to read people wrong a lot.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 12:24 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
ahhh ok. thanks for the clarification - i think both of these points make a lot of sense. funny but i think i was happier not knowing lol.

I think a lot of people don't like to look at the mechanics that underlie male female relationships in too much detail, it does rather remove a lot of the romantic ideas people build up about them.

n3rdgir1
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 May 2011, 12:29 pm

Mindslave wrote:
The reason these girls boast about their brothers getting laid is probably because they recognize how hard it is to get laid sometimes (because some women are purposefully a pain in the ass), and also that a lot of men aren't asking women out like they once did. Girls generally like it when men take control. Humans are very sexual creatures. Women just don't like being told what to do with their bodies (would you?) and sometimes women just want to have sex without the guy falling in love with her, or calling her back the next morning, or otherwise being attached. Sometimes, women just want a one night stand, and it's not always easy to do these days, because not as many people (men and women) are psychologically independent. However, when women are whoring themselves out, they feel like it makes them look bad, and subsequently makes it harder for them to go out and have sex, so they complain that women can't go out and have sex...You sort of get what I'm saying? The more complicated sex becomes, the more people complain about it, because sex is relatively simple. The man sticks his penis in the womans vagina, and wiggles it around until they are both satisfied. Now what could possibly be complicated about that? Hmmmmm...

If that's your idea of sex, I can't imagine you're very good at it. This post makes me glad I'm a lesbian.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 12:32 pm

n3rdgir1 wrote:
Mindslave wrote:
The reason these girls boast about their brothers getting laid is probably because they recognize how hard it is to get laid sometimes (because some women are purposefully a pain in the ass), and also that a lot of men aren't asking women out like they once did. Girls generally like it when men take control. Humans are very sexual creatures. Women just don't like being told what to do with their bodies (would you?) and sometimes women just want to have sex without the guy falling in love with her, or calling her back the next morning, or otherwise being attached. Sometimes, women just want a one night stand, and it's not always easy to do these days, because not as many people (men and women) are psychologically independent. However, when women are whoring themselves out, they feel like it makes them look bad, and subsequently makes it harder for them to go out and have sex, so they complain that women can't go out and have sex...You sort of get what I'm saying? The more complicated sex becomes, the more people complain about it, because sex is relatively simple. The man sticks his penis in the womans vagina, and wiggles it around until they are both satisfied. Now what could possibly be complicated about that? Hmmmmm...

If that's your idea of sex, I can't imagine you're very good at it. This post makes me glad I'm a lesbian.

Not all guys think that sex is just the act of penetration.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 12:37 pm

Moog wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

I think a lot of people don't like to look at the mechanics that underlie male female relationships in too much detail, it does rather remove a lot of the romantic ideas people build up about them.

well, i don't like to be confronted with what the herd does because then i feel like i am forced to accept it as being "normal". and i find ideas like these really distasteful, yet if they are "normal" then i should just suck it up and be fine with it. but i don't want to do that.

EDIT: wow typos.

Last edited by hyperlexian on 25 May 2011, 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 12:37 pm

n3rdgir1 wrote:

No, I think I understand what he's getting at. Women are all different, just as men are all different (although you'd struggle to tell sometimes with both sexes).

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 1:15 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
Moog wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

well, i don't like to be confronted with what the herd does because then i feel like i am forced to accept it as being "normal". and i find ideas like these really distasteful, yet if they are "normal" then i should just suck it up and be fine with it. but i don't want to do that.

EDIT: wow typos.

So you would rather be confused and think it's a strange thing to do than to understand the underlying cause?

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 1:44 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
I've never noticed this. I'll have to pay closer attention the next time a girl talks about a guy shagging a bunch of chicks.

I always assumed it was disgust, but I do tend to read people wrong a lot.

It generally is disgust. Face of Boo is pointing out a very interesting exception which is when the girl and the guy are blood relatives.

A girl gains nothing when she pairs up with a man who is sleeping with lots of women and will continue to do so in the future. She gains something if he did that in the past but doesn't anymore; he has been vetted by other women as having something worthwhile. But if he does it in the present and will continue to do it in the future, she is best to avoid him. He will cheat on her and then his resources that would go to her child (with him) will have to be shared with other women. That's the genetic reason for the disgust.

But if the man in question is not a potential mate because he is a blood relative, then his conquests are seen in a very different light. His conquests spread her (family shared) DNA without her having to do any of the extra work of raising more children. That's a genetic reason for it, anyway.

Like Face of Boo also pointed out, this is pan-cultural. It doesn't matter if you are in Lebanon or Canada or anywhere else on the globe. I can't think of book titles off the top of my head (because it's been 20 years since I read them) but I think some feminist historians and anthropologists scoured the globe and historical records in search of any exceptions to this slut/player double standard (they didn't use that slang, but you know what I mean). They claim to have found evidence of matriarchal societies where this double standard didn't exist but this is controversial since they are accused of overreading into the evidence and inserting some wishful thinking. But what they wrote about was that this sexual double standard didn't exist when women were thought to be the major facilitators of reproduction and men's role was a little less defined (since women gave birth, after all), coinciding with goddess religions. And that the double standard came into existence as the goddess religions died out, monotheism was created, and women were seen as vessels for men's seed rather than the major reproductive force.

I have a sneaking suspicion that there are other posters here that can expand on this a great deal. I just dabbled many years ago. But anyway that's an explanation for the sexual double standard being global and also for women to be supportive of blood relative males who impregnate multiple women.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the more monotheistic (and theistic in general) a culture is, the more harshly this double standard is enforced.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 2:42 pm

IDK... I never boasted about my whore of a brother. I get the explanations here, but I still don't understand.

Garath
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 May 2011, 3:31 pm

I had a female friend boast about how her friends' brother had reached 400 sex partners at the age of 26. Not only was I disgusted at the idea, I was disgusted that she found it kinda cool that a guy would be that attractive to females when as she put it "he's not even that hot, you just kinda wanna bang him anyway".
Why do women claim they are all attracted to different things when this guy living in a city of 100k people can manage a steady average of 1 girl a week since his 18'th birthday

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 3:35 pm

Garath wrote:
Why do women claim they are all attracted to different things when this guy living in a city of 100k people can manage a steady average of 1 girl a week since his 18'th birthday

Because they are. It doesn't stop them also being attracted to nonentities like him and other similar Jeremy Kyle-esque freakshows though.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 3:49 pm

Garath wrote:
I had a female friend boast about how her friends' brother had reached 400 sex partners at the age of 26. Not only was I disgusted at the idea, I was disgusted that she found it kinda cool that a guy would be that attractive to females when as she put it "he's not even that hot, you just kinda wanna bang him anyway".

some women may be genuinely attracted to a guy like that, but mostly they fall prey to the fact that he is most likely using manipulative PUA techniques in order to seduce them. i doubt that a man who has slept with over 400 women has much sincerity in his approach.

most women don't fall for that twice, but given his demographic he is probably able to keep finding fresh young women to fall for his tricks.

one other note - all 400 of those women could have been seeking the same kind of man too, and thought that he was that type of man... but i doubt it - i think he is a bit of a chameleon and pretends to be whatever he thinks the girls will want.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 3:54 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
some women may be genuinely attracted to a guy like that, but mostly they fall prey to the fact that he is most likely using manipulative PUA techniques in order to seduce them.

Good point and one I hadn't thought of. People like that are nasty individuals.

I would imagine a lot of the women wake up the next morning feeling very used.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 4:15 pm

Tequila wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
some women may be genuinely attracted to a guy like that, but mostly they fall prey to the fact that he is most likely using manipulative PUA techniques in order to seduce them.

Good point and one I hadn't thought of. People like that are nasty individuals.

I would imagine a lot of the women wake up the next morning feeling very used.

yes. there are women who do that to men too, and it is just as terrible. most people don't actually want to be used, once they personally experience what that entails.