Girls boast about male promiscuity....

Page 1 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 6:58 am

Ok, we all know about the double-standards. How female promiscuity is viewed in the media and how the male promiscuity is viewed on the other hand....and bla bla bla, but this isn't the point of the thread.

I've noticed, in several occasions, female coworkers talking about how their brothers are dating a new girl every 2 days and so or even how they're dating several girls simultaneously. One of them even talked about her brother dating engaged and married women.

What those all conversations had in common, that there was an obvious 'boasting' tone in their conversations, they were not talking about them in a shameful way or even in an embarrassed them, but they were boasting about them. Sometimes they say something like " I am trying to convince him to settle down but...." or even "I told him this is bad but they're following him..." (this how it was said literary) and that's it.

I think they were exaggerating, but that's not the point, the point is why they are doing this? why they are talking about it? and why they are boasting about it? and how this can be any good publicity for their brothers and for them? and why they never mention sisters' encounters?

Why the male promiscuity and male extensive sexual history are viewed as some kinds of trophies, even by many females?

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 25 May 2011, 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 7:03 am

Probably it shows how 'alpha' those men are.

Yeah, I think there is a bit of doublethink going on about these sort of things.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 7:44 am

i know what you mean, and i have never understood it. i have even seen mothers brag about all of the sex their sons are getting. it's kind of gross to hear them talking about it, and i have no idea why it seems to be acceptable to the other listeners. *barf*

kittie
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 8:26 am

Wow - I've never come across this (then again, look at my age ;D), and I have to say this really, really does not make sense. I'm confused just reading this.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 9:49 am

This doublethink goes in reverse too... a woman that is still a virgin throughout her 20s is considered a "prize", while a man that makes it to his 20s as a virgin is considered a "loser"...

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 9:58 am

hyperlexian wrote:
i know what you mean, and i have never understood it. i have even seen mothers brag about all of the sex their sons are getting. it's kind of gross to hear them talking about it, and i have no idea why it seems to be acceptable to the other listeners. *barf*

I guess it's genetic pride. It makes total sense. 'My son is going to create a huge tribe of horrible kids containing my genes, isn't that wonderful'

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 10:51 am

I think it has to do with the asymmetry in the spreading of genes and certainty of maternity/paternity. If either a man or a woman has a lot of sex with many partners, then they have a higher likelihood of having a lot of babies that are theirs. The wife of a promiscuous husband can be certain that all the kids she has are hers. However, the husband of a promiscuous wife can't be certain that all the kids his wife has are his. Therefore, males advertise their promiscuity to advantage, but females advertise their tendency to monogamy (real or not) to increase their perceived social value.

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 10:59 am

sgrannel wrote:
I think it has to do with the asymmetry in the spreading of genes and certainty of maternity/paternity. If either a man or a woman has a lot of sex with many partners, then they have a higher likelihood of having a lot of babies that are theirs. The wife of a promiscuous husband can be certain that all the kids she has are hers. However, the husband of a promiscuous wife can't be certain that all the kids his wife has are his. Therefore, males advertise their promiscuity to advantage, but females advertise their tendency to monogamy (real or not) to increase their perceived social value.

Yeah, but what about females advertising the promiscuity of their male relatives? How do you explain that?

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 11:01 am

The reason these girls boast about their brothers getting laid is probably because they recognize how hard it is to get laid sometimes (because some women are purposefully a pain in the ass), and also that a lot of men aren't asking women out like they once did. Girls generally like it when men take control. Humans are very sexual creatures. Women just don't like being told what to do with their bodies (would you?) and sometimes women just want to have sex without the guy falling in love with her, or calling her back the next morning, or otherwise being attached. Sometimes, women just want a one night stand, and it's not always easy to do these days, because not as many people (men and women) are psychologically independent. However, when women are whoring themselves out, they feel like it makes them look bad, and subsequently makes it harder for them to go out and have sex, so they complain that women can't go out and have sex...You sort of get what I'm saying? The more complicated sex becomes, the more people complain about it, because sex is relatively simple. The man sticks his penis in the womans vagina, and wiggles it around until they are both satisfied. Now what could possibly be complicated about that? Hmmmmm...

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 11:07 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
sgrannel wrote:

Yeah, but what about females advertising the promiscuity of their male relatives? How do you explain that?

My original argument is just a starting point and doesn't explain all cases. There will be exceptions. These days, awareness of disease and the desire for disease-free partners may help both males and females who have a clean slate and appear to tend toward monogamy. Females who aren't apparently having at least a little bit of sex may appear undesirable because they're too difficult, lacking sex drive, or they give the appearance that nobody wants them. Males who cheat on their wives are at a liability because they will have to pay for their offspring, which takes away from spending on his own home and his wife's offspring's needs. And so on.

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong

Last edited by sgrannel on 25 May 2011, 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 11:15 am

Moog wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

I guess it's genetic pride. It makes total sense. 'My son is going to create a huge tribe of horrible kids containing my genes, isn't that wonderful'

That makes sense, and female promiscuity can be a genetic 'shame'? "My daughter had babies probably from those random beggars she slept with, that's horrible!".

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 11:25 am

Moog wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

but why wouldn't they be proud of their daughters in the same way, as it is the same DNA being passed down? i've never heard a mother talk about her daughter like that....

funny but i've never heard a father talk about his son like that either, but maybe they only tell their guy friends.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 11:30 am

I don't know what causes the discrepancy. Maybe it's something to do with burden. Traditionally speaking, a man can easily impregnate a woman or 12 and then bugger off. The women and their families will have to look after the offspring, so they want that offspring to be of 'high quality'.

Just a wild speculation.

Families do seem rather proud of their female daughters if they a) get married b) to someone of high status (good genes) and c) stability

mv
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 11:30 am

I think it all boils down to basic one-upsmanship, dick-measuring (yes, even for the proud mothers of these players). It doesn't matter what the activity/possession is, as long as it's considered to increase (actual or perceived) status, then a competitive parent will mention it to other competitive parents. My children are very young, and I already see this kind of behavior from other parents (um, not about sex, of course)...

As with expensive material possessions or prestigious education or occupations, "sexual conquest" is another way of saying, "My child is inherently better, has made all the right choices, has more options in life." Not to mention it gives the parent a pat on the back for raising such a paragon of success...

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 11:40 am

mv wrote:
I think it all boils down to basic one-upsmanship, dick-measuring (yes, even for the proud mothers of these players). It doesn't matter what the activity/possession is, as long as it's considered to increase (actual or perceived) status, then a competitive parent will mention it to other competitive parents. My children are very young, and I already see this kind of behavior from other parents (um, not about sex, of course)...

As with expensive material possessions or prestigious education or occupations, "sexual conquest" is another way of saying, "My child is inherently better, has made all the right choices, has more options in life." Not to mention it gives the parent a pat on the back for raising such a paragon of success...

Agree completely.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 11:48 am

Moog wrote:
I don't know what causes the discrepancy. Maybe it's something to do with burden. Traditionally speaking, a man can easily impregnate a woman or 12 and then bugger off. The women and their families will have to look after the offspring, so they want that offspring to be of 'high quality'.

Just a wild speculation.

Families do seem rather proud of their female daughters if they a) get married b) to someone of high status (good genes) and c) stability

mv wrote:

ahhh ok. thanks for the clarification - i think both of these points make a lot of sense. funny but i think i was happier not knowing lol.