Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

XsamX
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 May 2011, 2:18 pm

m starting to get scared now i didnt want to let this out to anyone but idk what to do now.
Ill start when i was younger i dont remaber the age but i would try to talk to my parents and i would HAVE to stop talking for a seconed and they would be like: Sammy..,, because they had no clue why i just stopped talking out of the blue and i wanted to cry so bad because i just couldnt stop doing it and i didnt know were it even came from. No one took it as anything.
Then i got older: I started rolling my sholder and rubbing my fingers togather (like i do when i stimm but insteed i cant stop this its like i want to stop i try to stop but my mind tells me do it.
Agien i get frustorated...With myself because in my head its like: I know you can stop...But it takes forever. And i even rub my rist on the laptop before im able to type anything or well in the mittle of typeing something out. The strange thing is i have never done this in public only the sholder thing and the finger movements (not sure if its stimming) And i been watching 100s of tic vidoes of other people trying to see but the strange thing is with me avreytime i watch the vidoes it happends agien and i just want to shut it all of but even if i did its to late...Hell im doing it now.
I cant stop myself with the sholder thing it happends avrey few seconeds maybe? its makeing me mad and scareing me if i do have tics they dont look as bad as the vidoes of other people i believe it would be miner but at the same time it depands. The weirder thing is when my anxiety meds were working i stoped doing it some....-.-; Now im freking myself out or am i i keep asking myself that so help what do you think? if you think its not tics what is it do you have any clue if you do tell me thanks! (No affence to anyone who may have them)

Last edited by XsamX on 26 May 2011, 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ViewUpHere
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 May 2011, 6:54 pm

I posted a response in the thread by the same name in Random Discussions. In the interest of saving space I won't repeat it here.

XsamX
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 May 2011, 8:31 pm

ViewUpHere wrote:
I posted a response in the thread by the same name in Random Discussions. In the interest of saving space I won't repeat it here.
I know im looking for sevrel comments normley people talk about there problems with it and it could also help me out.
But yes your advice was good

WilliamWDelaney
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2011, 10:41 am

Well, don't let it scare you. Tourette Syndrome is a cinch to deal with unless it's very severe. The main thing you would have to watch out for is the classic rages that Touretters can go through. If you ever went into it, your voice would either drop into a "demonic" sounding growl or come out sounding "bugs bunny-ish." They're not really any worse than regular anger episodes, but they're more, shall we say, showy with Touretters. Anger episodes are not "harmless" per se for anybody, but people with Tourettes have a problem of looking like they're possessed.

But really, don't let it bother you if you might have some Tourettes, especially if it's as mild as you say. Most of the issues besides the surface stuff is really nothing worse than very mild Aspergers.

XsamX
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 May 2011, 1:38 pm

WilliamWDelaney wrote:
Well, don't let it scare you. Tourette Syndrome is a cinch to deal with unless it's very severe. The main thing you would have to watch out for is the classic rages that Touretters can go through. If you ever went into it, your voice would either drop into a "demonic" sounding growl or come out sounding "bugs bunny-ish." They're not really any worse than regular anger episodes, but they're more, shall we say, showy with Touretters. Anger episodes are not "harmless" per se for anybody, but people with Tourettes have a problem of looking like they're possessed.

But really, don't let it bother you if you might have some Tourettes, especially if it's as mild as you say. Most of the issues besides the surface stuff is really nothing worse than very mild Aspergers.
never had a voice thing like that and its very little i do it really so hell idk if i even have it but thanks for exsplaneing a little but about that

ViewUpHere
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 May 2011, 2:22 pm

William, I'm trying very very hard not to get a case of the giggles right now. It seems unfair somehow that one of my tics is "bunny nose" but I get the demonic voice instead of the Bugs Bunny voice when I go off.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2011, 3:09 pm

Quote:

That's not a diagnostic criteria for Tourettes, but it is a lot more common in people with TS than other conditions! I have rage and heck I laughed when you wrote a 'demonic sounding growl' because that's just what happens to me! If your tics don't cause you too much pain, suffering or distress, I would just accept them as something you have and not worry about them. As you've seen from my video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa-r5d5CujA

for those of you who haven't seen it...

My tics cause severe pain, discomfort and mental distress throughout every single day of my life. I'm a pretty severe case though apparently.

XsamX
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 May 2011, 4:06 pm

Jellybean wrote:
Quote:

That's not a diagnostic criteria for Tourettes, but it is a lot more common in people with TS than other conditions! I have rage and heck I laughed when you wrote a 'demonic sounding growl' because that's just what happens to me! If your tics don't cause you too much pain, suffering or distress, I would just accept them as something you have and not worry about them. As you've seen from my video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa-r5d5CujA Yeah i dont even know if i have it its just something i have a problem with doing sometimes so its why i think i could be haveing them like some people. But i do see how your tics could give you pain but i dont really understand alot of what tics are so its why im asking :/

My tics cause severe pain, discomfort and mental distress throughout every single day of my life. I'm a pretty severe case though apparently.

WilliamWDelaney
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2011, 5:49 pm

Jellybean wrote:
Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa-r5d5CujA

Yyyyyeah, mine can be uncomfortable, ON OCASSION. Not often really.