Page 2 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 8:10 pm

I had to have a hystorectomy because my periods were so bad. So far I do not regret it and wish I could have had one sooner. The periods themselves never really bothered me until they started getting so thick they were black and they would go on for over three weeks. It was the allergic reactions I had to the products that were supposed to keep me from getting blood on my clothes that bothered me the most. My mother would never let me use tampons and when I finnaly tried one and finnaly got it in the right place, it was so painful I couldn't walk. I tried Depends but those bothered me as well. I begged the gynocologist to give me a hystorectomy and she did. I still don't regret it.

LadySera
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Jun 2011, 4:39 am

I'd say about 1/2 of mine a year result in really bad PMSing to the extent that I feel like it's PMDD & start fantasizing about a hysterectomy. There's no way in hell that my ass is in a gynecologist's office unless I'm having sex regularly so I'm not currently doing the pill/patch/etc. Also I feel like there was a lot of good info in here.

pinkbowtiepumps
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2011, 6:14 pm

LadySera wrote:
There's no way in hell that my ass is in a gynecologist's office unless I'm having sex regularly

Awesome - I'm glad I'm not the only one who is avoiding the gynecologist like the plague! I haven't had any problems, and I'm not sexually active, so why bother? Plus, sticking things up there is just... eww. I don't want to think about it.

twix
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Jun 2011, 7:23 am

I find it odd that you have to see a gynae to get the pill? In the UK we just see our usual doctor and then the nurse for blood pressure checks. We wouldn't need to see a Gynae unless there was something wrong.

all_white
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2011, 9:10 am

I've got mine today. It's awful. It hit me like a ton of bricks. :cry:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2011, 11:09 am

my periods are pretty regular, and I get some cramping but it's nothing a warm bath and some Tylonel can't fix. But for as early as two weeks before my period my nipples become very sore and my breasts feel like a couple of floppy water balloons ready to pop! (Sorry if that was TMI) I usually gain weight because I just want to eat and eat, and little things can send me into a meltdown. I'll yell and snap at my two cats because they keep jumping in front of the computer, and I can NOT go to Wal-Mart because that place is bad enough when I'm post-menstrual. When I'm pre-menstrual its like the whole place is spinning and the noise and line-ups and everything makes me want to run out the doors screaming! When my period finally comes it's actually a relief! But when it ends it's like, okay only two weeks before I turn back into a walking bomb with a half-inch long fuse!

aspie_giraffe
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jun 2011, 10:49 pm

I just take the pill all the time to stop them I don't want or need a period I don't like sanitary products

whiterat
Toucan
Toucan

13 Aug 2011, 6:15 am

When I am stressed out it can hurt very badly (I just had a round of that). I did wonder if I am more sensitive to pain given that I am on the spectrum.

My NT mum had a similar experience - at work she would go to a place like a sick bay where she could lie down until the cramps subsided. In my case, when I held a vacation job that paid by the hour, I simply asked if I could knock off early (without going into too much detail why I was unwell).

It is said that mothers and daughters tend to have similar menstruation and menopause symptoms so it might be just genetic.

Jediyoda
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Aug 2011, 11:45 pm

I dont have that much of a problem with my periods my periods are regular. I find if Im anxious or stressed it causes my periods to come early. I usually get bad period pain for a week before I get my periods and when I do get my periods I end up spending the first two days in bed in pain and not having any idea where I am and what Im doing. The rest of my periods are pain free and Im fine. Only problem is my mood swings my friends say Im like a pitbull and I snap so easily thats when they leave me well alone. But besides that its ok. ine. Only problem is my mood swings my friends say Im like a pitbull and I snap so easily thats when they leave me well alone. But besides that its ok.

LiberalJustice
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2011, 11:42 pm

I don't really like my period much, especially due to the mess and cramps (ugh). My cycle isn't exactly what you might call "regular", as both the flow and timing can vary each month (sometimes it's light all the way through, sometimes it starts heavy and gets lighter as normal, there are times when I start very late in the month or on the last day, the length of my period varies as well), although skipping an entire month is pretty rare for me (I'm not sure if this will have any long-term effects on my fertility, though). I can't take birth control because I have vericose veins, which is fine as I hate it anyway.

Adopted mother to a cat named Charlotte, and grandmother to 3 kittens.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2011, 5:27 am

My periods were regular and problem-free until the last few years. They're getting much heavier and I'm sometimes anemic, which is really unpleasant. What bothers me the most is actually underwear. I need to wear underwear to bed about two nights per cycle due to heavy periods. I hate that so much I almost couldn't sleep. It must be a sensory issue.

I know my problem is too much estrogen, which affect lots of women and probably nothing to do with autism. My NT mother has too much estrogen as well. Trying to take some herbs and see if it'd help.

morrison
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Aug 2011, 7:33 am

OneStepBeyond wrote:
Bloodheart wrote:
women should be made aware of other treatment and management options.

examples?
There are frameless coild like the gynefix which are without hormons , there is the symptothermal method of nfp , which is charting and looking at your body symptoms which has the same PI as the pill by the way, and then for menstruation there is the mooncup which is a silicone cup which ends at least the issues with the fabric based hygienic measures.