Page 4 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

tomboy4good
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2011, 4:16 pm

If you don't mind getting a distorted view of womens' preferences, go ahead & read. However, I'll bet they are just as distorted as some of the mens magazines like MAXIM. According to many of these magazines, women have tons of money to blow on clothes, shoes, & accessories that cost more than some forms of transportation, skin & hair care products, have really well-paying jobs (where are these & what can I do to sign up?), & have gorgeous men falling all over them.

I sometimes buy them, but to be honest, I look at how the portraits were shot, the lighting, make up, & stuff like that being that I am into photography. I hate the fact that they have to make all the women look rail thin & drop dead gorgeous, & super sexy, when that's also not the way the majority of ladies appear in RL. Who would go out wearing clothes that are see through without undergarments, ultra short mini skirts/dresses/shorts, or so over the top expensive, you'd have to take out a loan to afford the items that they feature? Just crazy stuff. It's mostly fantasy that they are pushing in those magazines. Nothing wrong with fantasy if you know that;s what their marketing plan is, & don't expect more.

Aspie Score: 173/200, NT score 31/200: very likely an Aspie
5/18/11: New Aspie test: 72/72
DX: Anxiety plus ADHD/Aspergers: inconclusive

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2011, 7:36 pm

Everyone knows that the way to get laid... uh, that is to say, the way to a woman's heart is to take advice from other people who can't get women to say hello to them, while dismissing the advice of actual female humans, because everyone knows that they don't know their own minds.

Cosmo is insane. The only reason to read it is so that you can be grateful that you're smarter than its target readership.
And for the sex stories.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

RainingRoses
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2011, 8:10 pm

Interesting idea and good discussion. Not sure I can add that much. I did go through a "special interest" phase about 5 years ago centering on women's fashion. I started reading Women's Wear Daily and W and magazines like that. (Not exactly Cosmo.) I actually had a lot to talk to women about during this phase. Unfortunately, they all thought I was gay ... LOL! So, YMMV with this. :-)

And it was all for the want of a nail.