Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

fernando
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2006, 3:50 pm

Being this the internet age, I was wondering if anybody knows any web site where and aspie can learn how to dress appropiately, what to wear for each occasion, what clothes to buy, stuff like that.

Emettman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2006, 6:02 pm

Sorry, I know that was a serious request, and I do enquire of trusted individuals for utterly unavoidable functions I really can't duck, such as certain weddings, work outings and the like.
Once I've got beyond not actually giving real offence, or firm (but often unwritten) conventions at work etc. I really can't bring myself to care much.

After that, I refer to Terry Pratchett in Lords and Ladies:

"The Monks of Cool, whose tiny and exclusive monastery is hidden in a really cool and laid-back valley in the lower Ramtops, have a passing-out test for a novice. He is taken into a room full of all types of clothing and asked: Yo, my son, which of these is the most stylish thing to wear? And the correct answer is: Hey, whatever I select."

Also with a nod to Lord Vetinari, who: "dresses entirely in black clothing - not the flashy black of a villain trying to impress but the drab black of a man who doesn't want to spend time deciding what to wear in the morning." That is spot on!

If I site is offered, I will be interested to view it, but probably be horrified.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2006, 6:26 pm

- Emerson