Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Jun 2011, 9:17 pm

Twenty years ago I stumbled into research of historical significance. It is of Indiana Jones significance. I have a theory where something incredible is hidden. For twenty years I have pondered as to how to release the information. Then...in 2003 I realized how to do it---either a screenplay/movie or a novel. During an ice storm in which power was knocked out at my house, I had the most secluded existence I could imagine. My wife and kids went to her parents' house where they still had power. I was alone in my house with roads in terrible shape, power out, and radio stations and phone services disabled. And I realized that a novel or movie was the way to go. So during this ice storm I began outlining the story.

I once tried to release this information to a magazine. But on my way to the post office to deliver the research---a component in my Lincoln Town Car's engine caught on fire. Very weird. I finally gave up on the research.

In order to make this movie work, I need something else to connect in with my main character. And last week I got ahold of research involving a death of someone I have felt sympathy for for many years. I believe there is more to his death than what the newspaper and reports said.

So now I need to place all of this together into a screenplay---which I am now working on---and making sure to be aware of not making the real life characters and events resemble the actual ones too much.

I feel I must do everything in my power to have this screenplay made into a movie. I don't expect a major motion pictures company to do it---that seems far-fetched since I don't have a name in Hollywood. But...I have thought about an independent film. Some pretty good films have been made on limited budgets and outside of Hollywood. For example, Carnival of Souls was made this way---used people living in the town to take parts in the movie. With today's computer technology, some good effects can now be achieved that would once have been very difficult to make.

The film will be quite different in many ways, while maintaining an air of some of the thrillers of yesteryear.

I wish I could find a group of people that would be willing to work on this project with me---something like connecting in with a local theatre group willing to put their talents into this project.

I am determined to release this film. If I have to, I will do it all myself. I already have bought (many already built) around 300 scale models for the buildings, houses, etc. that the film requires if I have to do this. I can use computer generated characters to use along with my models in order to make a sort of animated version. But...I would rather use real actors and buildings. However, there will have to be a lot of computer generated effects to pull this off---even green screening some of the actors against my models.

I have the energy to try to gather the interest of our local theatre group in town---I know some of those in this group.

Have any of you ever tried something like this?

I just wanted to make this thread so that I can use it as a journal of my efforts. And anyone that wants to make comments are free to do so.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2011, 9:38 pm

Two bits of advice:

1. Keep the day job.

2. Never put your own money into the show.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.