Gay 56%  56%  [ 14 ]
Bisexual 44%  44%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 25

leviathans
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Dec 2011, 3:27 pm

AspieRoss wrote:
Ever since I was young, I only dreamed about being with another guy,, whether that meant kissing or more. I think dreams can really show people what their true feelings are.

Anyone else?

It seems to make sense but sexuality is more complicated then this because dreams can just point to a preference or a fantasy but that doesn't mean that you can't date the gender you don't dream off.
I did a google search a couple of months ago about this and there were bisexual people dreaming only of one sex but dating the other. So dreams by themselves can't tell you the whole story.

yara
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Dec 2011, 3:59 pm

i'm 15 and i've known i was a different since i was like 6 or 7 and now im just more and more confused like is it a phase? is it going to go away? does the fact that i am not sexually or emotionallyt attracted to a guy at alll in any possible way, i mean i think about sex ofcourse but just with girls but not like fantasicing or anything like i want to be in love with a girl have a relationship with her sex is just well comes with the package u knw. my head is rly alll over the place anybody can help ?!

camelonajourney
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Dec 2011, 5:28 pm

When I was your age, I had an extremely hard time figuring out my sexual orientation. I was in the same boat as you, I think. When I saw an attractive male, I felt something, but I had no interest in pursuing a sexual relationship with a man. I found women to be easier, and even fell in love with my best friend, a fellow Aspie. I thought for a long time I was meant to be a boy, but as I got older, I became more comfortable in my body and myself.

We're still together, but, funnily enough, we both identify as asexual. You're young, and I know it may seem like a huge deal right now, but as you get older, you learn more about yourself, and what you want and need and what is a temporary fancy, and what is more permanent.

Getting to know yourself as you age will clear some things up for you, I think. The next few years will help you decide.

Tambourine-Man
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2011, 9:23 pm

Why on earth do people need labels?

My sexuality is all over the place and always has been. I could say I'm confused and be upset about it, but instead I will just enjoy the ride.

I'm sexually attracted to both men and women, but something about my autistic approach to relationships makes dating women disastrous.

I'm seeing a wonderful guy right now and things are less emotionally draining. Am I gay? Straight? Bi? Labels are for soup cans. I'm just with a great guy right now that makes me really, really happy. I haven't been this happy in awhile (and this is the first guy I've dated) so maybe I'm gay. Who knows?

Anyway, I get those butterflies in my stomach when I see him and I thought I was immune to those feelings.

So right now I'm enjoying some wonderful feelings towards a person of the same gender, but I still don't see the need to label myself.

bucephalus
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2011, 7:47 pm

Tambourine-Man wrote:
Why on earth do people need labels?

My sexuality is all over the place and always has been. I could say I'm confused and be upset about it, but instead I will just enjoy the ride.

I'm sexually attracted to both men and women, but something about my autistic approach to relationships makes dating women disastrous.

I'm seeing a wonderful guy right now and things are less emotionally draining. Am I gay? Straight? Bi? Labels are for soup cans. I'm just with a great guy right now that makes me really, really happy. I haven't been this happy in awhile (and this is the first guy I've dated) so maybe I'm gay. Who knows?

Anyway, I get those butterflies in my stomach when I see him and I thought I was immune to those feelings.

So right now I'm enjoying some wonderful feelings towards a person of the same gender, but I still don't see the need to label myself.

Hear hear! Wise words. I agree, it really doesn't matter.. at least nowhere near as much as the person you are seeing right now :)

Mike.Mate
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Mar 2022, 5:43 pm

The only way to know is to meet everybody on the planet, until then, you're bisexual or asexual. :mrgreen: