Page 3 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

linatet
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2014, 1:24 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
I'm a woman and I am very attracted to effeminate men.

Me too 8) but most of the times I would disagree the kind of guys I like are really effeminate, just like other people wrote here they just aren't the male model of aggressiveness etc
The guys here in this post are so cute :oops: date me !

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2016, 3:21 pm

I feel somewhat the same way.

AsahiPto17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jan 2016, 3:24 pm

*drags old topic thread out* I really don't understand why replying to old topics annoys people.

I think I can be effeminate, I've been mistaken for a girl before, and people often mistake me for one over the phone because of my voice. Personality wise I think I'm androgynous, I even took a few personality tests and got a strangely perfectly even androgynous scores on both (bsri and osri). Physically I'm thin, I don't think I have a macho posture or body language either. I actually notice myself doing things like crossing my legs and twirling my foot behind me when I lean on something (hard to describe) that seem more on the feminine side slightly. My wrists are so thin that men's watches don't fit me! Sometimes I actually think it would have been nice to have been born female, I almost feel like I could have been female in another life. Just to not have an underlying expectation on me of not showing much femininity would be nice.

As far as how I look I don't really express my effeminate side because I'm really shy and don't want people to judge me. For a brief time I shaved my legs as a teenager and loved it, but stopped because I didn't want to seem "weird". I think it would be nice to a wear a little bit of makeup and remove my body hair. I don't want to *be* a women as in being trans, I would ideally want to be sort of boyish and "pretty", well at least when I feel self confidant enough to look like that. This is the sort of look I like and just being able to look like a slightly more subtle version of that sometimes would be nice. Honestly that's sort of what I'd want in an idea girlfriend, someone who finds that side of me attractive and not weird. At the present I don't really look very masculine, but I don't look feminine either.

This whole thing has always made me question my sexuality, and for the longest time I pushed it away because I didn't want to be "gay". I've after all these years accepted that I am bisexual/pansexual (these terms are confusing), but I have a much narrower type of males that I like, and would prefer to be in a relationship with a female.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2016, 4:23 am

AsahiPto17 wrote:
*drags old topic thread out* I really don't understand why replying to old topics annoys people.

I think I can be effeminate, I've been mistaken for a girl before, and people often mistake me for one over the phone because of my voice. Personality wise I think I'm androgynous, I even took a few personality tests and got a strangely perfectly even androgynous scores on both (bsri and osri). Physically I'm thin, I don't think I have a macho posture or body language either. I actually notice myself doing things like crossing my legs and twirling my foot behind me when I lean on something (hard to describe) that seem more on the feminine side slightly. My wrists are so thin that men's watches don't fit me! Sometimes I actually think it would have been nice to have been born female, I almost feel like I could have been female in another life. Just to not have an underlying expectation on me of not showing much femininity would be nice.

As far as how I look I don't really express my effeminate side because I'm really shy and don't want people to judge me. For a brief time I shaved my legs as a teenager and loved it, but stopped because I didn't want to seem "weird". I think it would be nice to a wear a little bit of makeup and remove my body hair. I don't want to *be* a women as in being trans, I would ideally want to be sort of boyish and "pretty", well at least when I feel self confidant enough to look like that. This is the sort of look I like and just being able to look like a slightly more subtle version of that sometimes would be nice. Honestly that's sort of what I'd want in an idea girlfriend, someone who finds that side of me attractive and not weird. At the present I don't really look very masculine, but I don't look feminine either.

This whole thing has always made me question my sexuality, and for the longest time I pushed it away because I didn't want to be "gay". I've after all these years accepted that I am bisexual/pansexual (these terms are confusing), but I have a much narrower type of males that I like, and would prefer to be in a relationship with a female.

Geez, you sound *alot* like me. It's rare that I run into that. All of that stuff has pretty much been my own experience, except perhaps for the personality bit. I dont know that "extremely sarcastic and negative" counts as androgynous. Frankly, I dont know what it counts as, though I realize that both genders are capable of it.

But other than that, yeah... my physical appearance (even my body shape) is girlish, and I do get mistaken for one sometimes, though alot of the time Iv'e been described as "a mix of both". Generally androgynous. Frankly, if I were to TRY to appear masculine, I'd just look ridiculous. And I too cant wear things like watches/bracelets really. Wrists are much too thin. I do shave my legs and such because I hate body hair, and again, it just looks stupid on me. I also have long hair.

The only downside is that people can get a bit strange about it. Being hit on by guys that are "straight but interested anyway", in their own words, is... a unique and occaisionally alarming experience.

AsahiPto17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jan 2016, 6:18 pm

Misery wrote:
AsahiPto17 wrote:

Geez, you sound *alot* like me. It's rare that I run into that. All of that stuff has pretty much been my own experience, except perhaps for the personality bit. I dont know that "extremely sarcastic and negative" counts as androgynous. Frankly, I dont know what it counts as, though I realize that both genders are capable of it.

But other than that, yeah... my physical appearance (even my body shape) is girlish, and I do get mistaken for one sometimes, though alot of the time Iv'e been described as "a mix of both". Generally androgynous. Frankly, if I were to TRY to appear masculine, I'd just look ridiculous. And I too cant wear things like watches/bracelets really. Wrists are much too thin. I do shave my legs and such because I hate body hair, and again, it just looks stupid on me. I also have long hair.

The only downside is that people can get a bit strange about it. Being hit on by guys that are "straight but interested anyway", in their own words, is... a unique and occaisionally alarming experience.

It's a relief to have someone actually relate! I can actually be pretty sarcastic and negative too, I usually have to tone it down a lot otherwise people get upset. I don't exactly know if that's really attached to a gender role, but in my case I can come across as being sort of whiny a lot.

goofygoobers
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2016, 12:00 pm

I really like guys that are feminine. I've been into that since I could remember. It probably didn't help that I watched anime as kid, which, depending on the ones you watch, can have a lot of pretty/feminine male characters.

My boyfriend is kind of in between though. He's both feminine and masculine, but I still love him. I also love his beautiful hair. I go crazy over pretty effeminate guys with long beautiful hair!

I don't care what other people say, REAL men are feminine, not masculine. :wink: :wink:

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2016, 12:12 pm

AsahiPto17 wrote:
Misery wrote:
AsahiPto17 wrote:

It's a relief to have someone actually relate! I can actually be pretty sarcastic and negative too, I usually have to tone it down a lot otherwise people get upset. I don't exactly know if that's really attached to a gender role, but in my case I can come across as being sort of whiny a lot.

Yeah, I dont find that many people that can relate either. People often just see it as weird, and then I tend to just compound that strangeness with other strangeness, which just makes it worse.

And I dont think the sarcasm bit is attached to any gender role; it just is what it is.

All that sarcasm, it's an annoying job, but somebody gets to do it.

zeertheseer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Feb 2016, 2:28 pm

well, I have always acted the way I wanted to. I am not ignorant of what specific sexes do. I have always just said I like that one better! for instance; when I have an attitude I put my hand on my hip and look mad in the feminine way. however, when I am sitting down I sit like a guy(its hard to explain this one). I don't get called guy or bi at all, I act like a woman as much as a man; I am happy with my gender role, I just don't play I am a guy so I gotta do this game.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2016, 4:03 pm

..are somewhat annoying. :P

Hard to know who's gay and who isn't when they don't fit stereotypes. Ah well, at least effeminate straight guys are probably fairly used to gay guys hitting on them and likely won't overreact if I ever said anything to one. But, in general, I don't tend to hit on anyone anyways. I just keep my thoughts about them to myself. It's much much easier being in a "gay space" at a gay party where it's assumed that every guy there is gay so there's no taboo about hitting on someone.

It would be nice if the societal norm was "meh, whatever" if a gay guy hits on a straight guy and he's simply not interested vs. some people taking major offence to it. Makes me think there's a lot of missed opportunities for people to meet because they don't strike up a conversation with someone who catches their eye because they assume they're straight in this heteronormative society and don't want to risk causing a scene if they've misinterpreted someone's sexuality. Ah well, at least there's apps for that now.. better than it ever used to be.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2016, 11:17 pm

in japan they have this app, a person carries this thingie that glows green when in the presence of another similarly equipped person [with the green lit on their box], thereby signaling to each other that each is ready to meet the other. I wonder why that hasn't made it to this side of the ocean?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2016, 3:47 pm

auntblabby wrote:
in japan they have this app, a person carries this thingie that glows green when in the presence of another similarly equipped person [with the green lit on their box], thereby signaling to each other that each is ready to meet the other. I wonder why that hasn't made it to this side of the ocean?

There are tons of location based hookup apps.. ?? Same thing.