Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2011, 5:04 pm

I get antsy.

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2011, 7:20 pm

idk i get this like intensely bored feeling.

AspergianMan
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Oct 2011, 6:24 pm

I don't stim, I've never had the temptation to not even when I'm nervous, however I do tend to sit in strange positions and my body language is completely off.

AspergianMan
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Oct 2011, 6:26 pm

I don't stim, I've never had the temptation to not even when I'm nervous, however I do tend to sit in strange positions and my body language is completely off.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2011, 7:04 pm

I don't stim.
At least not physically. I do something that's Tourette's-esque from a behaviorist point of view, involving saying aloud or singing nonsense things, to block out bad thoughts. I don't do it around people, though I almost have before.

to his Interest."

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2011, 10:21 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
I do something that's Tourette's-esque from a behaviorist point of view, involving saying aloud or singing nonsense things, to block out bad thoughts.

That's...cute. For some reason.

I don't stim either. I used to clap my hands when I was much younger, but not anymore. I think I mentally stim, or something like that. Or maybe I do stim but don't consider it stimming.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

26 Oct 2011, 10:29 pm

My eyes twitch and I blink really hard. I'll start rubbing my fingers together, or playing with my hair. Anything to get that feeling back.

Sibyl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2011, 11:56 pm

I don't think that I've ever stimmed much or at all. It was a new concept and vocabulary word to me when I started reading about autism, except maybe seeing some "crazy" person rocking back and forth in movies or television.

I did mention recently in the thread about hanging out on WP and maybe getting more autistic that only recently I've noticed when I was sitting in my kitchen chair and feeling some anxiety build-up, that I caught myself rocking back and forth, but I'm not really sure that that was "stimming": I just noticed that I was doing it after I already was, but maybe all the reading that I've been doing percolated through to my unconscious and let me know that it was an okay thing to do. I quit peeling my fingernails about the time I finished high school, I think, and I'm not at all sure that that had anything to do with "stimming" anyway.

tropicalcows
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Oct 2011, 12:10 am

I start to feel a meltdown coming on. I stim basically 99.9% of my waking hours to prevent that from happening. It's like there's a strong energy in my body that needs to be released constantly.

Sibyl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2011, 10:26 am

tropicalcows wrote:
I start to feel a meltdown coming on. I stim basically 99.9% of my waking hours to prevent that from happening. It's like there's a strong energy in my body that needs to be released constantly.

Now this is interesting. As I said, I don't stim, probably mostly, and never have, unless you count some little "maybe it's stimming" things. I have also never had much energy for anything, even my Special Interests. I've attributed that to the depression hanging around even when it's not there (since I learned about the Asperger's, just a couple-two-tree years ago, I've generated some theories about the depression arising from the Asperger's, and different methods by which that might have worked). This idea of stimming arising from excess energy (which I don't have)....

I have had my share of meltdowns, though they aren't frequent unless the World Outside is giving me a lot of hassle.