Non-faceblindness,but trouble remembering people's faces?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

RikkiK
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Jun 2011, 12:50 am

I can never recreate people's faces in my head, even my own mother's :( i would recognize them if i saw them, but i just can't visualize faces. Or when i'm thinking of people, i can think of their body and sometimes hair, but there's...never a face, really? it's weird.
Occasionally i'll get a random flash of someone's face in my head for a second, and it's terribly vivid and detailed, but that rarely happens. I love it when it does though :)

this happen with anyone else?

Cassia
Toucan
Toucan

19 Jun 2011, 1:49 am

I can only picture vague impressions of people's faces in my memory - but then, my visual memory is normally vague and undetailed in general, not just with faces.

I can remember the vivid, detailed face image flash effect happening to me once, as I was falling asleep. It was neat.

Now convinced that I'm a bit autistic, but still unsure if I'd qualify for a diagnosis, since it causes me few problems. Apparently people who are familiar with the autism spectrum can readily spot that I'm a bit autistic, though.

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2011, 9:24 am

I can recall some features of faces in my mind when I try to remember well-known family members and friends, but usually can't recall them in details. I recognize them almost instantly when I see them, though (I have to pay attention to actually look for the faces). My real problem is with people I haven't seen as much. Although I've scored just below average on the face recognition test (only faces, without hair), I strongly suspect my memory is responsible for frequently having hard time with remembering faces of new acquaintances.

On rare occasions I can see vivid faces of people in my mind when I'm dreaming. They tend to be from an earlier time, when they were younger. Probably because I associate the person more the way they looked like somewhere in the past rather than how they look like today.

Last edited by OJani on 19 Jun 2011, 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nordlys
Toucan
Toucan

19 Jun 2011, 3:26 pm

Usually i have detailed visual memory, but often i can't recall faces.
Only detailed faces i can see in dreams are face of my own characters.

- La diversità è l'elemento principe del mondo -