Rejected from normal social activities during teen years

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2011, 1:13 pm

When I was in highschool, I could not have gotten a date if I had tried and I had been excluded from going out with a group during as single person. Both of my years, I had to go to prom either all alone or with someone who was the least bit interested but felt sorry for me when she learned that some guy had stood me up(Really a prank by a friend of a blind date who I rejected for lying to me about his age a few weeks earlier).

My Jr. Year the was worst when my classmates in the special education class got together and decided to go out on prom night as two couples and leave me out because I had no date. Yet, one of these people kept playing with my mind and stringing me along and told me that our other friend's parents had rented a limo for all of us and that I could ride 5th wheel. However, when it came talking to the guy responsible, it wasn't the case and that he had to break his promise of allowing me to ride with them because his mother was driving. This was due to both of us having hyperactivity issues and that his mother didn't want to drive both of us because of being under a lot of stress. This had turned out to be another lie when his girlfriend's mother was driving them and didn't want me with because he was dating this person and that I didn't take things so well and so I got excluded.

My Sr. Year, I had transferred to a different school system and had made some NT friends who were popular and yet they excepted me the way I was. At that time, I thought I had a date but they had decided to exclude me from going with them to dinner and then to the dance. However, the date was nothing but a cruel joke and so I had to go with my friend who went to a different school. However, she eventually deserted me at the dance because her boyfriend wasn't on her arm and so she was bored and wasn't feeling well. (She was guy crazy and had tried to manipulate my mom by asking whether she could bring him).

This is a while ago but how many of you have been played around for normal teenage activities?

gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2011, 1:31 pm

As far as I know, I hate feeling like the third wheel (or fifth, or seventh, whatever it is). I have an odd feeling I'll end up with that role in High School.

Forever in debt to your priceless advice

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2011, 2:27 pm

gailryder17 wrote:
As far as I know, I hate feeling like the third wheel (or fifth, or seventh, whatever it is). I have an odd feeling I'll end up with that role in High School.

In my case, I was lonely and didn't have a car to get out and meet people and so I always depended on them. I also didn't try to venture out and see what sorts of clubs were available in my area.

Although I am nearly 30, I am still haunted by what happened during the first prom and it always gets to me when I people who I happen to know end up going to prom on a date or with a huge group.

hadrian_f
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Jun 2011, 2:37 pm

I took the bike to my prom.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2011, 8:14 pm

I avoided other teens as a teen by choice.

LadySera
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jun 2011, 2:58 am

Compared to me Carrie had it easy in high school.