Why an AS can show emotion...

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

ntboyfriend
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Jun 2011, 7:57 pm

and passion about something but not about his/her partner ?
Thanks for your comments.

stilldays
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Jun 2011, 8:12 pm

You have to almost fake enthusiasm sometimes. It's really hard to do and might end up melting you down.

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2011, 8:19 pm

I can show passion for a partner as well as for my interests and I have AS.

I can't show love and affection for most other people, though, although I do feel love and affection for my family. It's just awkward.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2011, 8:30 pm

Showing passion and having passion are two different things. Everyone has passion, it’s just that people with AS tend to have trouble showing it.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2011, 8:31 pm

I find it really hard to outwardly show my feelings to the person I am with...it is frustrating, like I am never sure of what to do and when to do it, alongside social anxiety issues.
I can talk to others on and on about each action or word etc in the relationship, and analyse it constantly, and even say how much I feel for him, but as far as other people go, I tend to honestly feel very little of anything, other than my direct family members, when I feel things if one of them is very ill...usually a sort of panic.
It does make me feel really crap actually, that there might be someone who has stuck by me for a decade, and I more often than not, feel little for them. I can't work it out. Maybe that is how everyone is really only they do a good job of pretending to be interested and caring ?

EGGREGUYOUS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Jun 2011, 9:03 pm

I am a maze of contradictions, on the relationship part of that, I trust nobody not even my family unless I know exactly what their thinking. I am an Aspie and so of course feeling any emotion at all is difficult, but when I do feel something it is intense and raw, always sincere. I can absolutely relate to what stilldays says, enthusiasm is very draining, I can last a couple minutes before being totally shut down. It is next to impossible for me to believe that another loves me or if a family member is concerned for me or likes to be with me, basically any good thing. I think it goes with the not trusting anybody but it's more deep, it's hard to explain but honestly I cannot conceive those thoughts or feelings. Like for example if I had a girlfriend the call would end like this, Her: "Kay, goodbye love you!" Me: (In head) [Ya right, you don't mean that, your just saying that to play with my head, {then I get very uncomfortable just hearing that simple good thought, same goes with compliments I don't like hearing compliments from family members but from other people it's ok lol contradiction no?}] "Love you too" (Just to pacify her). After that I would tell her to say "bye hun" It means the same thing to me but not so... umm, something haha! I talk so much when I'm writing, I can't help it I apologize, but I pretty much never talk in person. Ok wow I'm going to make a blog before I think of something else to write about haha!

metaphysics
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2011, 5:18 pm

For me, I think I am similar to AS, but doctors said I am not.

I rather show my emotion to books,etc than a real person.

"intense and raw"my emotions cannot stimulate by others, but it can be stimulated by a complex theory, poems, etc.Or in a more indirect way than it should be.

I sometimes fake emotions, and think it is real. It is better than no emotions at all, at least.

I don't really want have any connection between me and the outside world.

But sometimes I need so, when I stimulated by a book, or poem, etc and then fake emotions.

Others may hardly can see that I am fake, because I genuinely need it. Maybe I just rarely fake?

Maybe I am showing real emotions when I have doubt?....

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2011, 6:18 pm

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! !! !

CHRONOOOOOOOS!! !! Where are you?! !! You will love this thread!!

He's the FIRST ONE!! YES, THE FIRST ONE!! A phenomena!! ! Yupeee!

Let's chant the hallelujah!

EGGREGUYOUS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jun 2011, 6:21 pm

Hallelujah!

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2011, 7:40 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Lol, you crack me up. (OP, this is just a reference to a previous thread, sorry we're getting a little off-topic on you).

There are some persons with AS who really do wear their emotions on their sleeves (I've dated two, actually) and are very demonstrative, to the extreme. Personally, I'm closer to the other end of the extreme, but I think that's just because I grew up in a household where there wasn't a lot of affection displayed. I'm not sure that in my case, it's even AS-related. I do feel affection, but, like some others said, I just am not great about expressing it.

metaphysics
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2011, 11:27 am

blueroses wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
He's the FIRST ONE!! YES, THE FIRST ONE!! A phenomena!! !

(OP, this is just a reference to a previous thread, sorry we're getting a little off-topic on you).

There are some persons with AS who really do wear their emotions on their sleeves (I've dated two, actually) and are very demonstrative, to the extreme. Personally, I'm closer to the other end of the extreme, but I think that's just because I grew up in a household where there wasn't a lot of affection displayed. I'm not sure that in my case, it's even AS-related. I do feel affection, but, like some others said, I just am not great about expressing it.

What is that thread?

I am so curious :wink:

I think I am awful enough on expressing it... With some certain people, I hope they would like to help, do it first, and mine will follow, much stronger than yours....

Then my imagination always vanished.. for several certain people....

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2011, 11:36 am

metaphysics
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2011, 11:37 am

blueroses wrote:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt165747.html

Here you go, metaphysics.

Thank you :P Have a nice day... :wink:

metaphysics
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2011, 11:44 am

I cannot understand it..

How embarrassing :cry:

What is the problem?

MCalavera wrote:
Men have better things to worry about.

Who cares if the wife is too quiet. As long as she's loyal and she cooks good food and she gives good sex, that's all it matters.

Really? This is an interesting hypothesis...Marrige should based on mutual understanding, at least....In my old-fashioned and romantic opinions from classical novels..

( Sorry for the off-topic :cry: ! I am going to go to that post to talk)

metaphysics
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2011, 12:17 pm

An answer based on my emotions.

It can be absolutely wrong, and the reason should vary in every individuals.

Therefore, In two particular cases:

If I show emotions on something else, I may think the lover is not worth me to love..

Or I may uncertain about his love, therefore I rather not show it to him...

I am also very interested on this point.. I hope some AS men and women would like to answer us...

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2011, 1:42 pm

blueroses wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Lol, you crack me up. (OP, this is just a reference to a previous thread, sorry we're getting a little off-topic on you).

See, my regular posts are way funnier than my lame copied jokes on your haven thread :P.