Anyone with abnormal facial features?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

iheartmegahitt
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2011, 9:01 pm

My friend kind of brought this up... when she told me I had a large forehead and I was wondering if their was anyone else who had any facial features NTs considered not to be normal.

I know that when I smile, eye scrunches up but my other one stays normal. My face always seems a bit asymmetrical when I smile really big... and it bothers me.

here is an example of what I am talking about:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/D ... 300020.jpg (it's an old picture)

I notice how sometimes my facial features seem so off... compared to others who smile and they usually have very good facial features and have no problems with this at all. It just makes me wonder if its more prominent for those with autism to have odd facial features than those without any form of autism.

Diagnosed with an autistic disorder (Not AS but mild to moderate classic Autism), ADHD, Learning Disability, intellectual disability and severe anxiety (part of the autism); iPad user; written expressionist; emotionally-sensitive

stilldays
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Jun 2011, 9:19 pm

Same issue here regarding symmetry. One of my eyes is slightly off. It sucks but doesn't affect my face too much.

budgenator
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Jun 2011, 11:02 pm

Everybody's face is asymmetrical, iheartmegahitt, your face isn't unusually asymmetrical, other than your left cheek muscle being more prominent when you smile, your face is unusually symmetrical. Asymmetrical face is why actors and actresses have a "good side". One thing I usually do to demonstrate this is to take a straight on photo of a face, cut it in half in photoshop and make a series of faces, one natural, one made of 2 right side and one made of two left side; most people will swear it pictures of 3 different people!

devark
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jun 2011, 9:07 am

My right ear is lower than my left (makes wearing glasses annoying), also my left middle toe is longer than my right.

mb1984
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jun 2011, 9:18 am

My face does the EXACT same thing when I smile really big. It has always bothered me that my one eye scrunches up more, lol.

Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

draelynn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2011, 11:21 am

I have an awkward smile - nothing natural about it. Passed that on to my daughter too :(

starryeyedvoyager
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2011, 11:43 am

I have very long canine teeth, so when I smile, I kinda look... menacing. Also, I have a long and a little hooked nose.

Teknique
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Jun 2011, 1:07 pm

I don't even smile in pictures anymore. When I smile it looks like I'm holding back a laugh, I personally think it's weird.

I hope I don't pass this on to my children.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2011, 1:24 pm

I look somewhat abnormal.

iheartmegahitt
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2011, 1:34 pm

budgenator wrote:
Everybody's face is asymmetrical, iheartmegahitt, your face isn't unusually asymmetrical, other than your left cheek muscle being more prominent when you smile, your face is unusually symmetrical. Asymmetrical face is why actors and actresses have a "good side". One thing I usually do to demonstrate this is to take a straight on photo of a face, cut it in half in photoshop and make a series of faces, one natural, one made of 2 right side and one made of two left side; most people will swear it pictures of 3 different people!

Well... I know my shoulders are asymmetrical. My left shoulder tends to droop while my right shoulder moves kind of straight like... and its weird. I can feel it if I stand. I do have shoulder problems too... no one has really figured out why or what is wrong with them but I have weak shoulders. I've also noticed my feet are flat when I stand.

Diagnosed with an autistic disorder (Not AS but mild to moderate classic Autism), ADHD, Learning Disability, intellectual disability and severe anxiety (part of the autism); iPad user; written expressionist; emotionally-sensitive