Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2011, 7:25 am

Did anyone watch it, and if so did you like who your team picked?
As for me * Dallas Stars * I'm pretty happy with who we got. We needed some defense, but we wil lose Brad Richards along the way.

Catamount
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2011, 10:25 am

Well, the Bruins picked up Dougie Hamilton with the 9th pick (acquired from Toronto). 6'5 defensemen who could have easily been picked higher in the draft. Can you imagine a defense line of Chara and Hamiliton a few years down the road. The B's will have more height than an NBA team. :lol:

Also grabbed Alexander Khokhlachev with the 40th pick. Can't go wrong with a Russian. :wink:

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2011, 7:04 am

That defensive line scares me a bit, because Chara alone is more than most teams can handle. Now you've another big d-man along side him. 8O
I'm just glad Dallas went with what they needed which is defense 14th pick. ( Jamie Oleksiak )
Instead of picking a goalie again? * last year we picked Cambell. Even though we had a goalie name Kari Lethonen.

rai
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jun 2011, 12:40 am

Catamount wrote:
Well, the Bruins picked up Dougie Hamilton with the 9th pick (acquired from Toronto). 6'5 defensemen who could have easily been picked higher in the draft. Can you imagine a defense line of Chara and Hamiliton a few years down the road. The B's will have more height than an NBA team. :lol:

Also grabbed Alexander Khokhlachev with the 40th pick. Can't go wrong with a Russian. :wink:

You pretty much just said everything I was already thinking.

Catamount
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 5:12 am

rai wrote:

You pretty much just said everything I was already thinking.

In Cam We Trust. :)

bruinsy33
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Aug 2011, 10:56 pm

Brainfre3ze_93 wrote:
That defensive line scares me a bit, because Chara alone is more than most teams can handle. Now you've another big d-man along side him. 8O
I'm just glad Dallas went with what they needed which is defense 14th pick. ( Jamie Oleksiak )
Instead of picking a goalie again? * last year we picked Cambell. Even though we had a goalie name Kari Lethonen.
Hamilton has a long way to go before he can be mentioned with Chara.I think Hamilton is definitely not going to be on the team this year..Obviously he is a prospect/project ..

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2011, 9:34 am

bruinsy33 wrote:
Brainfre3ze_93 wrote:
Hamilton has a long way to go before he can be mentioned with Chara.I think Hamilton is definitely not going to be on the team this year..Obviously he is a prospect/project ..

Yes, he does have a long way to go before he can mentioned with Chara.

Catamount
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2011, 8:56 pm

I don't think anyone in their right mind thinks that Hamilton will be playing anywhere close to Boston next year, which is why I said "a few years down the road" in my intial post. In all likelihood, Hamilton will be playing another year of Juniors in Niagara in 2011-2012. But he has a lot of promise ... remember the Bruins signed Bobby Orr when he was something like 12 or 13. It will definitely be interesting to see how Hamilton develops over the next couple of years.