Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 10:29 pm

I feel excited about it and at the same time indifferent to it. I've got my diploma sittin' on the desk. :D I was hot and tired the whole time though. I hated the crowd. But I'm both happy and sad that it's all over. Happy because I can move onto the work/college world, yet sad because, despite not making any friends, I really feel like I put a lot into that school. I played all the teachers a song personally and then played it at the end of year assembly for all the students and teachers I missed. I wanted to give back because that school taught me and gave me a lot.

Back to the topic though. I won an award for showing the most personal and academic growth. The award was a fancy lookin' plaque and a cheque for five hundred Canadian bones. Probably gonna buy a guitar. HOWEVER, I am feeling quite proud.

I don't actually know why I created this thread, but I needed to just say something to someone. D:

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 11:00 pm

I received an "Outstanding Student" award at the end of my senior year, and it was a plaque that I have yet to hang up.

I felt nothing but joy upon my graduation from high school. Though I liked many of my teachers and classmates, I was ready to leave. So far, college is turning out to be much better than high school.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2011, 7:13 pm

I graduated this year too!

I have the diploma in a corner somewhere.

Me too! I gave 3 years of sports, academic work, and a little bit of other extra-curriculars into that school!

Good job!

The last time I won an award (other than the 3rd place of age group in my marathon) was 10th grade, and it was a sports award too. The only school award I have won was in 9th grade, most outstanding artist.

Sorry, you just reminded me.....but seriously, congrats!