Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2011, 4:23 am

I have had many obsessions, including Dr Who, Harry Potter, Birds Of Prey, Horses, Buttons, Music(Lifelong), Serial Killers, Disney, Astrology and SecondLife.

Also Antique Dolls, Vintage cameras and poetry.

I am not one of those who has only had a few lifelong obsessive interests.
Mine tend to last anything from 6 months to 4 years.

kahlua
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jul 2011, 5:17 am

I've always been obsessed with horses, rabbits and computers. Still am, as an adult. Currently obsessed with ASD research, and information absorbing (from documentaries, internet etc)

Other obsessions tend to involve owning things. For example, I was obsessed with buying a new car, motorbike, then a dirt bike, then another horse, then a horse float etc. I get bitterly disappointed\upset if I don't\can't have the item, and basically go into meltdown. Its not a good thing at all. I need to learn how to be happy within myself, but keep relying on buying things to make myself feel better.

joeyfarlz
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jul 2011, 11:24 am

I'm obsessed with coming across as "Normal" whatever that is, but I just want to be like everyone else and if the worst comes to the worst, I just want them to think I'm a little strange... I havent told many people.

Ames76
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jul 2011, 5:13 pm

Avenged Sevenfold, Leland Chapman, Jackson Rathbone, Sam Witwer, and Zak Bagans.

pokerface
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 10:15 am

Some of my obesessions:

- Startrek
- white jersey shirts: I can't stop buying them, especially during summer.
- computers
- stretch jeans (very comfortable)
- books
- shopping on the internet so I don't have to go to stores to buy things
- windstorms: I love to go outside when it's storming
- cleanliness
- order
- logic

MissPrettyPrincess
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Jul 2011, 2:15 am

Magazines, symmetry, shapes. asthetics, encyclopedias, beauty manuals and romantic relationships when I'm IN them :D .

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2011, 4:09 am

The Shinsengumi and anime/manga involving fictionalized versions of them
Arts and crafts including: drawing (always), bottlecap jewelery, sewing and 3D modeling

BuffyFan4Life
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Jul 2012, 5:41 am

Buffy the Vampire Slayer!! !! !! !!
Buffy Summers!! !! !!

Enough said!

Buffy Summers is my heroine and role model forever!! <3

kdm1984
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jul 2012, 6:50 pm

Clinical "mild" diagnosed OCD, so yes. :)

I get obsessed with things that have a deep philosophical, psychological, or thinking impact with me, or else are enjoyable to me. That could mean anything from religion, the meaning of life, and brain/personality patterns, to stuff like basketball, craft beer, organizing trading cards, and copying dictionary definitions.

I'm incorrigible, it seems. ;)

predictable
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Jul 2012, 3:29 am

I'm obsessed with a ton of TV shows and celebrities. Anything Joss Whedon, Doctor Who, Sherlock, Arrested Development...the list goes on. I also freaking love medieval Europe (and history in general). And the British Isles are something I find myself regularly reading Wikipedia articles about for hours on end. For a time, I was rather obsessed with autism spectrum disorders. Finally, marching band is something that I obsess about sort of on and off - the on usually being during high school marching season. :p Oh, and I remember my earliest obsession was with rocks - like categorizing the different kinds of rocks and gemstones. But that has long since passed.

typo
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Jul 2012, 11:39 am

Major obsessions I had (in the order they happened): animals (I think, can't remember the level of obsession), reading, ancient Rome, Nik Kershaw, internet chatting, learning English, guys I liked, Asian TV series, learning Korean, volunteer work that benefits people who aren't treated fairly by society (not sure if this one counts as an obsession, but I do get pretty intense)

Plus many minor ones who stayed for a month at a time or so and then just faded away: playing guitar, playing piano, playing accordion, psychology (recurring), drawing, writing postcards, learning Persian and many others

BuffyFan4Life
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Jul 2012, 6:21 pm

predictable wrote:
IAnything Joss Whedon,

This!! !! I've only seen every episode of Buffy and 2 episodes of Angel, but he is a genius!!

predictable
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Jul 2012, 11:42 pm

Yes! I've seen all of his shows/movies except Angel. I've only seen a few episodes so far, but I'm working on it. He's just a genius.

BuffyFan4Life
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Jul 2012, 5:29 am

predictable wrote:
Yes! I've seen all of his shows/movies except Angel. I've only seen a few episodes so far, but I'm working on it. He's just a genius.

I've only seen the two Angel episodes with Buffy in them! They were wonderful! I'm obsessed with Buffy! I have some friends who consider Joss their god lol!

Lonely_Island6
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Aug 2012, 12:43 am

I go through periods of obsession with various things. It may be researching some topic I'm interested in at the time. Some type of entertainment media/outlet... I don't collect things or maintain many things as special interests forever, but there's always at least one thing that is a "special interest" of the moment, if that makes sense.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2012, 11:33 am

Yoga and fitness has been a long running one for me, unfortunately putting that knowledge to use is not my strong point. I also have about four drawers full of different types of tea in my kitchen. Whenever a package arrives, my family just groans, "More tea for Mom".